Will Parros play again?

Dr_Hook

Jun 4, 2006
Parros is done. Who can we get to replace him in the offseason?

Parros was pretty much useless, so we shouldn't replace him per se. Guys like him are becoming less and less relevant.

I'm actually more concerned about maybe having to replace our middle-weights, who can actually play in addition to fighting : Moen just got concussed again and might become very reluctant to fight, and it looks like Prust is starting to fall apart

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Ok, provided that we're lucky enough not to get scored on in the 30 seconds Parros line is on the ice at the same time Krejci line is, let's play out the scenario : Parros invites, Lucic pushes back but smartly declines. Couple of shifts later Thornton is sent by Julien to challenge Parros, they fight. Hopefully Georges survives but that is less than certain. Then what ? What has been accomplished ? We're back to square one.

We can't play this game against Boston. We're not equipped for it, Parros or not. It's THEIR game that we'd be playing anyway ; not ours. We should apply the Red Wings receipe : just keep working hard and be relentless with the physical play and net presence between whistles, but systematically turn away from extra-curicular activities.

Anytime we'll try to goon it up to their level, we're playing on their turf and it's to THEIR (sorry, edit) advantage. Just look at Pittsburgh trying to be chesty against Philly a couple yrs back ; how did that turn out ?

You ever notice that bullies usually dont pick on stronger people? They choose the weaker and those who do not fight back.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Moen and Weise went out in the first period In tonight's game against the Bruins. Suppose Parros had been dressed. That would have been the equivalent of playing with nine forwards. I wouldn't dress Parros in any of the remaining games and certainly not in the playoffs.

Dr_Hook

Jun 4, 2006
You ever notice that bullies usually dont pick on stronger people? They choose the weaker and those who do not fight back.

hmm ok. they have Chara and Lucic, 2 of the most feared fighters, always on the ice cause they also excell at hockey. So who do you suggest we sign who would be stronger? I think Oglethorpe is too old now...

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
Parros is now our 16th forward. He better not play ever again. The only way he'd get into a game is if we have 4 forward injuries and Blunden is unavailable for a call-up.

Parros is absolutely terrible and does not belong in the NHL. I'm only sorry it took MT until March 5 to realize that.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Parros is now our 16th forward. He better not play ever again. The only way he'd get into a game is if we have 4 forward injuries and Blunden is unavailable for a call-up.

Parros is absolutely terrible and does not belong in the NHL. I'm only sorry it took MT until March 5 to realize that.

Guess you didn't watch yesterday's game, cause he's playing TONIGHT. Bournival-Eller-Parros is very capable 4th line.

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
Well if Moen and Weise are out does that not mean 2 of Eller, White and Parros draw in? We may still see him for a game or two yet.

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011
He would have put Lucic in his place tonight for running around after our players.

Still waiting for you to give some examples from Parros's career of him doing that type of enforcing.

And an explanation of what exactly you see happening when we put Parros on the ice in a close game when we're penned in our own end anyway, to chase around after Boston's first line.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I would have said yesterday that Parros won't play again. But if we have all four of Eller, Moen, Weise, and Prust out for any lengthy period, there's some chance we could end up putting him in, I guess.

Next year I think we have to move on past this type of player, though. Size and toughness and fighting ability would be nice, but it has to come in a package with a player who can play every night and take a regular shift without hurting us as well. Finding that may prove impossible, and we may have to hope for it to emerge eventually from within (McCarron or Crisp developing, or maybe one of the longer shot guys somehow finding a way to step up their games like Fournier, Nevins, Courtnall).

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Still waiting for you to give some examples from Parros's career of him doing that type of enforcing.

And an explanation of what exactly you see happening when we put Parros on the ice in a close game when we're penned in our own end anyway, to chase around after Boston's first line.

Go ahead and pull up video of all of Parros games. I'm working now and have a life after work.

In those videos, if you see Parros in some type of physical confrontation, make a gif. And if you don't mind, post those gifs here and I will take a look at them and then attempt to change your closed mind.

K? Thanks for your help.

Dr_Hook

Jun 4, 2006
This idea that a Parros type enforcer would be of any positive influence on the Chara or Lucic behaviour is deluded.

His only use would be for when the Laffs goons like McLaren and Orr start running around. A player like that is completely irrelevant and impotent when it comes to the Charas and Lucics of the league (not that there are many others...)

Bos rule at that game. Might as well make our peace with it and try to beat them another way, which is absolutely feasible, as proven by teams who beat them in the PO without loading up on neandertalian goons.

edit : I just looked up the Hawks line-up who beat the Bruins in the finals last yr. I wonder how they manage to accomplish such a feat without anybody close to a Parros goon in their alignment. Not even a Prust that I can see actually. Maybe they just tried beating them at hockey ? or is that too simple...

Last edited:

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
Guess you didn't watch yesterday's game, cause he's playing TONIGHT. Bournival-Eller-Parros is very capable 4th line.

It's a capable 4th line once they bench Parros after his 2 miserable shifts in the 1st period and start double shifting a random winger. Then and only then is this a capable 4th line. Parros kills any line he's on. He's terrible. There's no spot for him, even with all the injuries we have currently. He's done.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
With Moen and Weezer probably out, hopefully we bring in Eller and White. Let Bournival keep getting minutes.

I'd let Parros play if we have a playoff position locked up with no way to move and somebody needs an extra couple of days rest.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

It's basically a PK as soon as parros is on the ice. It's been evident since he started playing here. He's done.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I was very surprised Parros wasn't IN vs the Bruins.
(glad Murray was IN, but it wasn't enough, imo, was really thinking this before the game and not just after...).

Thornton, Lucic, Chara...all criminals, sore losers on ice that have to be controlled by nothing less than Parros and Murray.

I've always said you have to play Parros and Murray VS the Leafs, Bruins, Sabres (Scott,etc)...not every game, but against teams like I just mentioned.
(call it prevention, call it a ''just in case'' situation...call it whatever you want...but you have got to dress the TWO of them vs those teams that will take advantage of our middle-weights or players that can't fight because of a metal plate in their face...Emelin).

With Parros dressed...I don't believe Chara would have gone after Emelin the way he did...they're chicken VS a dressed Parros...imo.

Go Parros Go!! (he better be dressed VS the Sabres... I don't want more injuries).

Last edited:

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011
Go ahead and pull up video of all of Parros games. I'm working now and have a life after work.

In those videos, if you see Parros in some type of physical confrontation, make a gif. And if you don't mind, post those gifs here and I will take a look at them and then attempt to change your closed mind.

K? Thanks for your help.

One again, reading comprehension not your strong point.

I don't want videos of Parros in a physical confrontation with another member of the 'how about a bout of fisticuffs' goon club. He's got plenty of those.

I want some previous examples of him doing the kind of enforcing you're looking for here. Because that's not what Parros does. Never has. He doesn't go out on the ice and no choice anyone, much less a first line player.

You can put him out there to politely ask Lucic if he would like a fight and Lucic would decline and then you have Parros on the ice in a defensive position against the Bruins first line. Again, the ball is really in your court to explain why you think that's a good idea.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

I don't want videos of Parros in a physical confrontation with another member of the 'how about a bout of fisticuffs' goon club. He's got plenty of those.

I want some previous examples of him doing the kind of enforcing you're looking for here. Because that's not what Parros does. Never has. He doesn't go out on the ice and no choice anyone, much less a first line player.

You can put him out there to politely ask Lucic if he would like a fight and Lucic would decline and then you have Parros on the ice in a defensive position against the Bruins first line. Again, the ball is really in your court to explain why you think that's a good idea.

I would try to explain. However, I see no need nor desire to do so.

Mynameismark*

hmm ok. they have Chara and Lucic, 2 of the most feared fighters, always on the ice cause they also excell at hockey. So who do you suggest we sign who would be stronger? I think Oglethorpe is too old now...

Chara isn't a feared fighter at all. Bambi on ice.

Mynameismark*

Isn't it funny we didn't dress Parros and most of our tougher guys were out and the Bruins decided to act out last night for the first time this season, when they were quiet throughout the entirety of the seasn against us?

Not a coincidence.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Moen and Weise went out in the first period In tonight's game against the Bruins. Suppose Parros had been dressed. That would have been the equivalent of playing with nine forwards. I wouldn't dress Parros in any of the remaining games and certainly not in the playoffs.

I believe if Parros was there...Moen and Weise would maybe still be healthy and not injured today (just my opinion...can't prove it!).

And, I also believe Emelin would not have been tackled by Chara.
(again...just my opinion).

I also wanted Parros dressed vs the Sabres ('cause of Scott...was afraid he'd go around trying to injured one of our smaller top 9 players).

If some of you don't want Parros...I hope we get Scott for next season. Not for playoffs...but for the long 82 game regular season where Bruins, Leafs, Ottawa...can push us around like they did vs the 2-1 game vs the Bruins. It's a long season and an enforcer/protector can prevent (not always) some of our middle-weights from getting injured and fighting all the time.

Go Habs Go!!

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011
Congrats.

I could write a Ph.D thesis on Sports Psychology and you would still believe what you do.

In a nice way, I am telling you to.......congrats.;)

It's nothing to do with sports psychology, it's to do with the things you are suggesting not working in the real world.

Psychology won't come into it if what you say will happen won't happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad