Will Parros play again?

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
His last game was March 5, he's been a healthy scratch ever since... I'm sure he could contribute more than fights, like getting his big body in front of the net, going hard in the corners, even the odd set up pass. So does he see the ice again this season or does Therrien's obvious hate for him prevail?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Parros is done. We need a younger tough guy like Bordeleau or Engelland.

Seems to be the trend in fairly recent Habs history when they bring in a tough guy, he is pretty much at the end of his career. Odjick, Laracque, and now Parros.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
They knew what they were getting before the season started, and this is exactly the type of game he was brought in to play.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Honestly, i hope not. Don't want to see him completely lose his mind or die on the ice. His brain is done.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I don't think habs are going to have the luxury of choosing not to play him vs the Sabres tomorrow.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
Why ? Just for the fun of seeing him go out on a stretcher ? It's not like his presence would give us the guns to out-goon Boston anyway.

Let's face it, he is done.

All our small forwards were MIA tonight.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
He should not play, they play 4 lines and he can't take a regular shift, he can't skate. Other guys can fight now, habs are not what they used to be.

Dr_Hook

Jun 4, 2006
All our small forwards were MIA tonight.

not sure what you mean. Are you implying that Parros's presence would have made them bigger ? or more fearless ? (not trolling ; real Q)

Seriously, the last couple of fights he had, you could litterally feel the fear in OUR players that poor Georges would get clocked (or just plainly fall) and not get up ; and hear the collective sigh of relief when he did get up.

I'm happy he wasn't dressed. He's in no condition ti fight anymore. Not Thornton, not Miller and God forbid he'd have to fight Chara. We're keeping him on the roster as a favour I believe : he'll honorably collect his paychecks til the end of the yr, then retire.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
If only he had not been pulled to the ice by Orr.:(

He would have put Lucic in his place tonight for running around after our players.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
not sure what you mean. Are you implying that Parros's presence would have made them bigger ? or more fearless ? (not trolling ; real Q)

Seriously, the last couple of fights he had, you could litterally feel the fear in OUR players that poor Georges would get clocked (or just plainly fall) and not get up ; and hear the collective sigh of relief when he did get up.

I'm happy he wasn't dressed. He's in no condition ti fight anymore. Not Thornton, not Miller and God forbid he'd have to fight Chara. We're keeping him on the roster as a favour I believe : he'll honorably collect his paychecks til the end of the yr, then retire.

To answer your question, yes.

Lucic gets checked by Emelin. Lucic had free rein the rest of the evening to run players, including the charging against Weaver that was not called where his elbow was high.

Parros or any other heavy simply had to skate next to Lucic and hand out an invitation or a fist. Lucic is not a *****. He would fight back. However, the Bruins would get the message.

Moen tried to send a message but he got clocked after dropping Miller. After that, the Habs were very quick to get the puck off of their sticks.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006

Yes. 99% of players in the league (and former players) agree.

Dr_Hook

Jun 4, 2006
To answer your question, yes.

Lucic gets checked by Emelin. Lucic had free rein the rest of the evening to run players, including the charging against Weaver that was not called where his elbow was high.

Parros or any other heavy simply had to skate next to Lucic and hand out an invitation or a fist. Lucic is not a *****. He would fight back. However, the Bruins would get the message.

Moen tried to send a message but he got clocked after dropping Miller. After that, the Habs were very quick to get the puck off of their sticks.

Ok, provided that we're lucky enough not to get scored on in the 30 seconds Parros line is on the ice at the same time Krejci line is, let's play out the scenario : Parros invites, Lucic pushes back but smartly declines. Couple of shifts later Thornton is sent by Julien to challenge Parros, they fight. Hopefully Georges survives but that is less than certain. Then what ? What has been accomplished ? We're back to square one.

We can't play this game against Boston. We're not equipped for it, Parros or not. It's THEIR game that we'd be playing anyway ; not ours. We should apply the Red Wings receipe : just keep working hard and be relentless with the physical play and net presence between whistles, but systematically turn away from extra-curicular activities.

Anytime we'll try to goon it up to their level, we're playing on their turf and it's to THEIR (sorry, edit) advantage. Just look at Pittsburgh trying to be chesty against Philly a couple yrs back ; how did that turn out ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad