Will Parros play again?

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
I believe if Parros was there...Moen and Weise would maybe still be healthy and not injured today (just my opinion...can't prove it!).

And, I also believe Emelin would not have been tackled by Chara.
(again...just my opinion).

I
Your opinion is ridiculous. The Emelin thing happened during the 3rd shift of the game. You really think Chara is going to do something different if a plug goon is sitting on the bench? You think he's scared of that?

In my opinion Boston would have done more shananigans to try to persuade Therrien to play Parros more, becuase, as has been mentioned many times, Parros is a terrible hockey player. Boston wants Parros in the lineup and wants him gettng as much ice time as humanly possible.

It's my opinion that Boston would have won 3-1 if Parros was in the lineup, and Parros would have been -2 in about 4 inutes of ice time.

Chara's not going to fight Parros. Neither is Lucic. So what's the point of having Parros in the lineup?

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec
Good ****ing riddance (the player not the person). Can we just realize that "goons" should not play in the Nhl anymore? Like a previous poster said, what Parros would have done against Boston? He would have fight Thornton then nothing else. Whoooooohooooooo big ****ing deal.

We didn't get physically dominated against them, their 5v5 was just 10times better.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Good ****ing riddance (the player not the person). Can we just realize that "goons" should not play in the Nhl anymore? Like a previous poster said, what Parros would have done against Boston? He would have fight Thornton then nothing else. Whoooooohooooooo big ****ing deal.

We didn't get physically dominated against them, their 5v5 was just 10times better.

we didnt ? our one tough guy got clocked, after the hip check lucic was running emelin every chance then plastered Weaver behind the goal line, soderberg ( if I remember right) with no incentive from the defense RAN budaj at the top of the crease with no response. Chara cross checks gallagher after the whiste then laughs it off, thorton gets all handsy with markov and jonny boychuck tangles with our norris winning defenseman drops the gloves throws subban to the ice and how did we respond ?

After the goal the habs played tentative the rest of the night and were clearly on the short end of the physical play.

I'm not saying they are equivalent but if moen had tangled with bergeron and did what boychuck did to subban, you think moen gets to skate to the box and sit his 2 in complete peace ?

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec
we didnt ? our one tough guy got clocked, after the hip check lucic was running emelin every chance then plastered Weaver behind the goal line, soderberg ( if I remember right) with no incentive from the defense RAN budaj at the top of the crease with no response. Chara cross checks gallagher after the whiste then laughs it off, thorton gets all handsy with markov and jonny boychuck tangles with our norris winning defenseman drops the gloves throws subban to the ice and how did we respond ?

After the goal the habs played tentative the rest of the night and were clearly on the short end of the physical play.

I'm not saying they are equivalent but if moen had tangled with bergeron and did what boychuck did to subban, you think moen gets to skate to the box and sit his 2 in complete peace ?

Let's say Parros was there. What would he have done? Did you see Thornton that night? And all theses things you said, the Habs got a PP on every single occasion but couldn't do ****.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
I was very surprised Parros wasn't IN vs the Bruins.
(glad Murray was IN, but it wasn't enough, imo, was really thinking this before the game and not just after...).

Thornton, Lucic, Chara...all criminals, sore losers on ice that have to be controlled by nothing less than Parros and Murray.

I've always said you have to play Parros and Murray VS the Leafs, Bruins, Sabres (Scott,etc)...not every game, but against teams like I just mentioned.
(call it prevention, call it a ''just in case'' situation...call it whatever you want...but you have got to dress the TWO of them vs those teams that will take advantage of our middle-weights or players that can't fight because of a metal plate in their face...Emelin).

With Parros dressed...I don't believe Chara would have gone after Emelin the way he did...they're chicken VS a dressed Parros...imo.

Go Parros Go!! (he better be dressed VS the Sabres... I don't want more injuries).

Chara afraid of Parros... ha ha ha :laugh:

Chara isn't afraid of anyone. Maybe John Scott, but even then why on earth would he drop them against him ?

Parros doesn't scare anyone anymore, everybody knows he's one concussion away to eat threw a straw for the reminder of his life, I sure hope he'll retire after the season and keep his remaining brain cells healthy.

This team wins against the mighty goon squads of Toronto, Boston and Buffalo (sic) without Parros or a fighter in the lineup, yet some crazy fighting loving idi*** still whine about not having an enforcer in the lineup... as if what ? We would have win with a wider margin ??

Really :shakehead

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec
Chara afraid of Parros... ha ha ha :laugh:

Chara isn't afraid of anyone. Maybe John Scott, but even then why on earth would he drop them against him ?

Parros doesn't scare anyone anymore, everybody knows he's one concussion away to eat threw a straw for the reminder of his life, I sure hope he'll retire after the season and keep his remaining brain cells healthy.

This team wins against the mighty goon squads of Toronto, Boston and Buffalo (sic) without Parros or a fighter in the lineup, yet some crazy fighting loving idi*** still whine about not having an enforcer in the lineup... as if what ? We would have win with a wider margin ??

Really :shakehead

Our win% is way higher without Parros than with him. But i guess it doesn't matter because hockey is all about " not getting intimated" and not winning.

People have just not clue on what is going on.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Parros is pretty much done like dinner. He should protect that Princeton educated brain and call it a career after this season. A smart guy like Parros would have smartly invested his career earnings (5.6 mil) and shouldn't be hurting for money. With his education, he should be a shoe in for some hockey related career after retiring as a player.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Our win% is way higher without Parros than with him. But i guess it doesn't matter because hockey is all about " not getting intimated" and not winning.

People have just not clue on what is going on.

hockey is about winning in the playoffs, where the intensity goes up and the whistles go away.

Is the thought that we had the best winning percentage in the east last year before being handily dispatched by the sens, does that thought keep you warm at night ?

but sure lets go for a repeat, or a three peat. i'm sure THIS time it will be different.

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec
hockey is about winning in the playoffs, where the intensity goes up and the whistles go away.

Is the thought that we had the best winning percentage in the east last year before being handily dispatched by the sens, does that thought keep you warm at night ?

but sure lets go for a repeat, or a three peat. i'm sure THIS time it will be different.

We dominated the Sens but Anderson was just stopping everything and Price was terrible. Also Parros wouldn't have played A SINGLE game in the playoffs last year.

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011

What's the relevance of this? Everyone keeps saying we got Parros for the regular season and he won't play in the playoffs?

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I doubt he plays except possibly in Boston. Boston usually likes to goon it up at home more than on the road.
The Habs muffled Boston despite having only 10 forwards for most of the game. If Parros had played the Habs would in effect have been down to 9. So why couldn't Parros have been Gordie Howe?

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011
Isn't it funny we didn't dress Parros and most of our tougher guys were out and the Bruins decided to act out last night for the first time this season, when they were quiet throughout the entirety of the seasn against us?

Not a coincidence.

Mr Hab said:
I believe if Parros was there...Moen and Weise would maybe still be healthy and not injured today (just my opinion...can't prove it!).

And, I also believe Emelin would not have been tackled by Chara.
(again...just my opinion).

Parros didn't play in the last game against Boston either, for the record.

You guys might both want to review the Dec 5th game. One shift: Hamilton boards Prust, Moen enquires but Hamilton not interested, Thornton then goes after Prust and they fight. Parros skating around on the ice the whole time doing nothing.

Habblues

Dec 19, 2008
Sec 9 Fredericton NB
Even though Parros really can`t fight much do to his health situation, just his presence against the Boston GOONS keeps the Thorton`s Lucic and Chara`s in check....First two games this year with Perros in the pinup those guys played like little choir boys......SAINTS......NO GOONING......take him out and the goons come out to play.....AND I think Perros CAN contribute hockey wise, the guy can play hockey and when he decides to go to the net there`s no stopping him....Bruins use Chara on the PP to stand in front of the net, SO why don`t we do the same with Charra ????? They`re paying him so why not use him ? I don`t get it.

Jacques Trap*

If he didn't play in the last game vs boston he probably won't be playing again.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Parros seems a great guy but don't want him going forward. Instead want a big local guy in his 20s with decent crash-and-bang hockey skills and a screw loose upstairs. Our tough guy should be a psycho not a gentleman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad