Will Nolan Finish Off The Season?

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY

Subtle finger pointing at Nolan?

I got that maybe a little from Hodgson, but there was acknowledgement of Hodgson's poor play also.

I didn't get that with Larsson, since he pointed more to the fact that call-ups usually land on the 3rd-4th line, and that he hasn't shown enough to move up.

Those are the only two off-hand that fit this tweet.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
I got that maybe a little from Hodgson, but there was acknowledgement of Hodgson's poor play also.

I didn't get that with Larsson, since he pointed more to the fact that call-ups usually land on the 3rd-4th line, and that he hasn't shown enough to move up.

Apparently TM also called Hodgson a "good solider". If so, that assessment would seem entirely off from Nolan's assessment that Hodgson's problems are an attitude/character issue wrt to refusing to be coached.

Going to Larsson, playing 4mins a game isn't going to let him show enough to move up. The 3rd/4th line isn't a biggie, but when the 4th is by routine skated 4-6mins a game, that's hardly any sort of chance to show your stuff.

It's not like every minute of ice time for the stars matter because the team is on the cusp of hitting the playoffs. Play the newbs 'n doghouse guys on the 4th, sure, but benching them entirely for half the game doesn't make sense.

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY

Think the other way too...guys like Mitchell/Flynn are more effective as bottom 6 players in smaller roles.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
True, player usage could simply be we've gotten bottom 6 guys in our top 6. Not that id be surprised by Murray throwing his guy subtly under the bus again.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Subtle finger pointing at Nolan?

Coller is an idiot as per usual.

Murray didn't hint at anything. He flat out stated that one reason Hodgson's production dropping off this year is not playing on PP. That he has struggled this year and it a bit of a chicken and egg thing. Is he struggling because he ins;t getting the opportunities? or is he not getting the opportunities because he;s struggling? He never really commented one way or bother on that. He also mentioned he;s been a good soldier and hans;t complained much about the situation.

I fail to see how the above is hinting at something. Murray laid out the situation in pretty straightforward manner without dumping on either the player or the coach.

NEcoli

Apr 13, 2014
Coller is an idiot as per usual.

Murray didn't hint at anything. He flat out stated that one reason Hodgson's production dropping off this year is not playing on PP. That he has struggled this year and it a bit of a chicken and egg thing. Is he struggling because he ins;t getting the opportunities? or is he not getting the opportunities because he;s struggling? He never really commented one way or bother on that. He also mentioned he;s been a good soldier and hans;t complained much about the situation.

I fail to see how the above is hinting at something. Murray laid out the situation in pretty straightforward manner without dumping on either the player or the coach.

I heard it the same way. When talking about Hodgson, he said his ice time and points have gone to other players, and even qualified it with - "and that's fine," so it wouldn't be construed as a shot at the coach. That didn't stop Coller, apparently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad