Will Montgomery be fired and when?

Does Montgomery get fired and when?

• Total voters

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I’m scared if we can Monty that Stevens will take over. I’ve never been much of a fan of him

Yeah that seems likely and from what i can gather he and Monty have been working on creating this "system" together so nothing would change.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
I am quite surprised that these crappy dump and chase 1 goal scoring performances are mostly Nill's fault... this team is average at least and Nill should be fired as well because of his drafting record alone, but Montgomery must go first IMO
Montgomery got the one game away from the Stanley cup finals. I think he is safe. other factors to consider-Disgruntled locker room? selfish play? the talent is there but somehow they need to figure out the PP and maybe split up the lines.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Montgomery got the one game away from the Stanley cup finals. I think he is safe. other factors to consider-Disgruntled locker room? selfish play? the talent is there but somehow they need to figure out the PP and maybe split up the lines.
He got them 1 game away from a western conference final. Huge difference from Stanley cup finals
And that was 95% Bishop

Last edited:

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
xGF60 1.59
xGA60 1.75

GF60 1.86
GA60 2.89

Montgomery has figured out how to play defense in the NHL. His system limits scoring chances- keeping shots to mostly the perimeter. We rode Bishop deep into the playoffs, but part of that was the defensive structure of the team.

What Montgomery has failed at is scoring. This team barely scores two goals a night. It’s hard to win in 2019 when you can’t put the puck in the net. This team has no chance until he figures this out.

Reactions: Abilify and serp

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
xGF60 1.59
xGA60 1.75

GF60 1.86
GA60 2.89

Montgomery has figured out how to play defense in the NHL. His system limits scoring chances- keeping shots to mostly the perimeter. We rode Bishop deep into the playoffs, but part of that was the defensive structure of the team.

What Montgomery has failed at is scoring. This team barely scores two goals a night. It’s hard to win in 2019 when you can’t put the puck in the net. This team has no chance until he figures this out.
His system is lacking speed . When we had ruff he was always preaching speed and we were always at the top of the league in gf . Idk if it’s actually Monty or if hitch screwed this team up but there always playing conservative and always on the defensive side of the puck resulting in us having to dump the puck in a foot from the red Line every time .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
In general there's too many long defensive shifts that when they finally get the puck just result in a dumped puck and a change . That often results in another defensive shift because well they just turned the puck over to the opponent to get a change in. Rinse and repeat . The team does not get clean with possesion into the offensive zone a whole lot and when you don't yeah you're not generating alot of offense .

Last edited:
Reactions: Kcb12345 and Bfantz

cizko

Feb 10, 2009
I remember Montgomery talking about possession hockey last year, but conceded that he was unable to play such system with the then types of players and decided to change it.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
Nill and Montgomery out for Lehtinen and Keefe? Not really sure who else is available

I think shows have said Keefe is going to be gifted the leafs if they dropkick babcock out of there for not getting past the first round. That'd be a good option, but would it ever happen?

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I think shows have said Keefe is going to be gifted the leafs if they dropkick babcock out of there for not getting past the first round. That'd be a good option, but would it ever happen?
with the reported squabbles between Babs and Dubas I'd assume barring a SC final birth he's probably out pretty soon anyway. (if there's any truth to it that is)

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
giphy.gif

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Fire him. The team can’t be as bad as they are playing, it just can’t. Another week or two of playing like this and the season is lost. It’s probably already lost anyway but they need a change to have a chance for something good happen.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
No chance of that's what we got
Up against a machine too strong
Greedy politicians buying souls from us are puppets
We'll find their place in line
Go tie a string around your finger now boy, 'cause it's
It's just a matter of time 'cause we've got NO CHANCE

Reactions: Satan

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Him and Stephens need to go . They build this attrocity of an offensive "system"

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Fire him. The team can’t be as bad as they are playing, it just can’t. Another week or two of playing like this and the season is lost. It’s probably already lost anyway but they need a change to have a chance for something good happen.

It's already lost. They aren't going to to make up the points.

You gotta think they need to go something like 43-23-7 to make the playoffs. 20 games over fake .500 is simply not gonna happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad