Will McDavid start shooting even more due to hole-in-one?

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
I have never had a hole in one and it pisses me off that a 21 y/o hits one :laugh:

I've hit one on a par 3 course, but it was on a really short course that had the longest hole at 95 yards. Mine was on the 95 yard hole with a gap wedge.

But if somebody asks me if I've ever hit one, I usually have to give the disclaimer of "I have, but it wasn't on a full length course."

Reactions: TheAngryHank

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Such a victim

Ou you're still here?

Here's a tip kid, making a comment does not have anything to do with being a victim. Its a long running joke about the leafs, which is playing since they were bad for so long. The Oilers fan was playing the victim card.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I hit one when I was like 13. First round of the year.

Haven't come close since. Unless you're actually good at golf, as in close to a scratch player or better, I am convinced that holes in one are 99% luck.

I didn't hit a hole in one (I don't golf much as I kind of gave up), but I fluked a second shot on a par 4 from about 120-140 yards. It wasn't even a good shot, in fact it was a fairly poor shot - off line completely, but caught a clump of grass or something (it wasn't Augusta), took a wicked bounce to the left and onto the green and into the cup. 99.999% luck.

Reactions: TheAngryHank

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I have an in and out and a ton of lies and real close for HIO but never stuck one. I have lipped out for an albatross.

That's lucky then. Even getting close to an Albatross is impressive, required an unbelievable tee shot + a hole in one (since the followup is usually 150+).

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Just spoke to someone I know who teaches at Magna and for anyone doubting it is legit. 9 iron if anyone is wondering.

He smoked a nine-iron 160 yards?!? He must be an excellent golfer. The story on NHL.com says they were playing from the back-tees, which makes the hole 199 yards and nobody could muscle a 9-iron that far.

Last edited:

Gio4PM

Nov 4, 2014
The card says he made a 5 on the par 3 and a 1 on a par 5. Hmmmm....

That's the handicap for the hole, not the par. Handicap is the hole's difficulty.

For an average golfer, a hole in one is part skill, part luck. Average skill to to put it on the green, fantastic luck to have it dribble in. I know pretty mediocre golfers who have gotten one and really good ones who don't.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
At least they make the playoffs. Do you need another four first overalls to take the next step bud?

This turd is one of your first posts. Good job.

That team that missed the playoffs for a decade still has a better playoff series win total than the Leafs since 2004. Do you want a participation banner to hang?

Last edited:

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
This turd is one of your first posts. Good job.

That team that missed the playoffs for a decade still has a better playoff series win total than the Leafs since 2004. Do you want a participation banner to hang?

Ironic coming from a poster that has 13k trash posts. Who cares since 2004. Leafs were better last year and will continue to be better for the foreseeable future. Speaking of participation, maybe the rest of your team sans mcdavid and drai should get some sort of participation ribbon. What a crapshow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad