Will McDavid Have Surpassed The Following Hall Of Fame Players' Careers If He Sweeps The Awards?

If he wins the Pearson, Hart and Art Ross this season, which players' careers will he have surpassed

• Total voters

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I was starting to wonder when the next How Awesome is Connor McDavid? thread would drop.

Thanks.

Kind of an offshoot of illpucks' thread about his HHOF chances if he retired today... except I'm asking about after this season if he sweeps the awards.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Your welcome. Some McD threads need to be here or all of the threads will be Matthews ones.....

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Neely, Lindros, Bure and Kariya for me. Dats and Foppa have multiple cups and important playoff performances to go along with their careers. McDavid needs bit more playoff experience to get past those guys.

He's clearly better player than any of the above mentioned.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
All except Forsberg

On another note, Datsyuk is the most overrated player on HF, damn. The guy isn’t even a career point per game and never had a 100 point season, while playing on absolutely stacked teams. McDavid’s career is already better than his.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Cups are team achievement, it as nothing to do with individual success.

Really? Then why do people always bring it up?
I think you couldn't be further from the truth.
If you're great, you inspire greatness and you ultimately win more cups.
Simple as that.

Reactions: sanscosm

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Well if we're getting serious, then I guess I gotta bring out the big guns.
Zack Stortini was a better fighter than Ryan Reaves and then Reaves surpassed Stortini by passing him in career PIM.
Seriously, this place is looking more like reddit every day.

I don't even know who that is. You're the one who brought up the ridiculous notion that you have to rank players based on cups. Gretzky only has 4 cups, Beliveau 10. You think Beliveau is better?

From the players listed. Datsyuk has 2 cups. I'd still easily take Lindros, Bure and McDavid ahead of him all-time.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Really? Then why do people always bring it up?
I think you couldn't be further from the truth.
If you're great, you inspire greatness and you ultimately win more cups.
Simple as that.

People mention it because they can't differ team awards from individual. Awards. That's on them, but I'm not falling for it.

Lecavalier was not a better player or leader than Alfredsson because he was able to captain his team to a cup and Alfredsson wasn't...I'm sorry you think that way though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad