Will Matthews surpass his career highs of 40g and 69pts this season?

Will Matthews surpass his career highs of 40g and 69pts this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
How is any of this confusing? We’re leaf fans. All we know is failure and humiliation. We’re mocked league wide by fans from every other city.

Whenever we have even a taste of success, it explodes right in our face. And not a small explosion. A worst game 7 collapse in the entire history of the SPORT type of explosion.

And it’s all we know and all we’ll ever know.

It’s just a matter of time till this young promising team explodes in our face. Many of us think the dramatic unprecedented overpayments of our rfa’s is the fuse of that explosion.

Even during the lowest moments of Burke’s reign of terror, there were still many a leaf fan here posting that the team is great and on the rise and leaf fans are just negative horrible fans. It’s those very same people that are in denial about the dramatic overpayments of our rfa’s.

The leaf fans you all label as “negative” are the ones who have been correct in their assessments for almost 20 years.

You are Captain Negative!

It's Saturday morning and I'm eating my shreddies and booM! Such a defeatist attitude! I might as well eat my Shreddies without milk.:banghead:

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Wasn’t Matthews also a year older last playoffs than the season prior? Did you (lol) see a lot of growth last playoffs compared to the season prior? And yeah... pairing Matthews with the SECOND worse playoff performer on our team last year is sure going to be beastly.
Lol this is hilarious, Nylander a goal and three assists in seven games makes him our second worst playoff performer?
Do you expect this to be a compelling argument?
I think this earns an ignore designation for absurdity.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
They reduced pad size last year. You have to go back two years. These changes primarily affect goal scorers and the players most commonly setting them up.

Snipers are snipers, they have more to shoot at now than 3 years ago.
Pad sizes affected only 1/3 of the goaltenders. It isnt as much as you think

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Pad sizes affected only 1/3 of the goaltenders. It isnt as much as you think

Well that's why I look at the top 100 or so players and looked at it back to 2014. It seems there was a sudden jump last season and this season even more so. Find me 4x 100pts players prior to this season and tell me how far you have to go back.

It's not nonsense. They made changes that affected production.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
You are Captain Negative!

It's Saturday morning and I'm eating my shreddies and booM! Such a defeatist attitude! I might as well eat my Shreddies without milk.:banghead:
Actually, pretty much all of the fans labelled here as “negative” (I’d just call them the honest fans) were pretty positive this offseason. Almost everybody loved the Tavares signing, and we all had nothing but high hopes going into the season.

It was almost entirely positivity the first two months, even with Nylander sitting out. Why? Because things were actually going well. Pretty much everybody was fine with Nylander sitting out. We wanted him to sit until he accepts fair market value.

Where things fell apart was when Dubas gave in to Nyalnder at the last minute and dramatically overpaid him. We KNEW that would affect the other rfa contracts. And when Matthews signed one of the worst contracts of the modern nhl era, we knew just how big of a problem the cap would be going forward. Even Marners agent mocked the contract, which shows where they stand.

I’d argue that these dramatic overpayments hurt the culture of the team. I think it created locker room problems. I’m not sure if the leafs are even a PLAYOFF team points wise since Nylander signed that disgraceful contract. And that’s too much to just be coincidence.

You’ll all see. Just like when honest leaf fans were 100% right about Burke’s reign of terror, the same thing will happen going forward. Thebleafs will be good, but not great. Sundown era leafs good. Win some round here and there. Not even make the finals, let alone win the cup. And it WILL be a result of the dramatic overpayments. Some of us just don’t live in denial. We see what’s really happening. The entire rest of the league sees it too.

The entire rest of the league went from the summer where they FEARED the leafs going forward, to mocking us all over again. They see what those contracts will do to us. Everybody sees it. Everybody. Other than most leaf fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad