Will Matt Cooke get booed every time he touches the puck in denver?

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
Wild fan coming in peace. I think he will be booed in Denver from here on out for his knee to knee hit on Barrie. Maybe not every time he touches the puck as time goes on. If was another Wild player that made the hit the projected vitriol would be shorter lived. This is Matt Cooke though. His dirty play rap sheet is extensive. I'm sure there are even some long memoried Av fans that recall some of his antics in a Canuck sweater. I'll say that as a Wild fan I'm not exactly brimming with pride he's on my team, even if he is a good hockey player.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Booing players every time they touch the puck is childish and annoying.

Doesn't it lose its meaning if you only boo them occasionally? I think Cooke deserves a round of boos for the season at least personally, other teams boo for far less than what Cooke did. Besides, he'll be playing 4th line minutes probably, easier for the crowd to sustain it for 6-8 minutes a game.

Stig

Apr 15, 2014
Minnesota
I just hope Iggy lives up to his wild killing days and also gets a gordie Hat trick fighting Cooke.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Damn right, and he should. Yes it childish but the guy is a child and deserves every last second of that. Plus I hope Bordeleau introduces his fist to Cooke's face multiple times.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I just hope Iggy lives up to his wild killing days and also gets a gordie Hat trick fighting Cooke.
That would be awesome if on the first game Iggy does like Roy did last year in the first game and take on Cook to pass a message to the team "hey guy, I have your backs" and to Cook "we are not going to take this crap from you this year". :yo::naughty:

Stig

Apr 15, 2014
Minnesota
Damn right, and he should. Yes it childish but the guy is a child and deserves every last second of that. Plus I hope Bordeleau introduces his fist to Cooke's face multiple times.

Cooke is too much of a gutless coward to fight someone like Bordy. He will only fight smaller people usually. But I am sure of someone like Iginla challenges him he might, I just hope he ends up like he did when he fought Evander Kane.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Cooke is too much of a gutless coward to fight someone like Bordy. He will only fight smaller people usually. But I am sure of someone like Iginla challenges him he might, I just hope he ends up like he did when he fought Evander Kane.

He will fight McLeod. That is cookes most sensible move.

Stig

Apr 15, 2014
Minnesota
He will fight McLeod. That is cookes most sensible move.

I don't think he would even fight Cody. Cooke doesn't like to fight people who can fight, if you look at his history, its people who are skilled rather than grinders and enforcers. He also isn't a good fighter, he lost to Ilya Kovalchuk. The players on the Avs he would fight is someone like Landy, ROR or McGinn, which is why he is a gutless coward.

I would prefer him to fight cody or bordy, but I don't think cooke will be a willing partner, bad things or as I see it good things happen when he fights players who can fight.

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
Booing players every time they touch the puck is childish and annoying.

I think it's a bit childish when you boo opposing teams' star players just because they are the opposing teams' star players, but for players who have done something that deserves hatred from a fanbase, I'm totally ok with it.

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
It's one of many parts to a burgeoning rivalry w/Minny, which is entertaining. So, hey, why not. It's immature I guess, but what building wouldn't boo Matt Cooke for a dirty knee in the playoffs?

I don't really know where I stand on fighting, but since it's still here, someone'll probably do it, and I will like it.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
He's a ***** so he isn't fighting unless it's against a skill player who usually doesn't fight, that's what Cooke does.

He took out Barrie, shot the puck at EJ after the whistle, snuck in a slash on Landeskog's hand/wrist, and tried to elbow MacKinnon in the head. That's four of our best players and he did that in a span of three games. We should be glad Duchene didn't return early because you know his injured knee would have been a target and Cooke might have done some real damage there.

If Roy tries to go with his "be calm and don't retaliate" approach, I hope McLeod and/or Bordeleau just ignore him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad