GDT: Will Lightning Strike Twice...? 4PM @TB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
This is all true. I thought that loosing Wagner was made a too big of a deal, but it really was awful management by BM. Should've at least waited until Thompson was ready.

I don't think it's a big deal, by itself, but it was just unnecessary. More than that, when you look at the big picture, I see a team that is consistently losing assets without a whole lot of gain. Just because they aren't all great assets doesn't mean it isn't a loss, you know? They are a finite resource, and at some point a deep pool of assets will become pretty shallow.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
I don't think it's a big deal, by itself, but it was just unnecessary. More than that, when you look at the big picture, I see a team that is consistently losing assets without a whole lot of gain. Just because they aren't all great assets doesn't mean it isn't a loss, you know? They are a finite resource, and at some point a deep pool of assets will become pretty shallow.

Yeah I know what you mean. What I meant was that lately I started to see it more from the losing-assets point of view rather than just Wagner. What is it, a year ago when BM was talking about all the bullets he had? A very little it amounted for.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
So who is going to play on the left side besides Cam and Stoner?

http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/lines/13/anaheim-ducks/

67-15-10
37-17-29
26-22-7
19-25-33

4-2
45-5
33-42

So the answer would be Vats and Silf? :laugh:

Don't know what to make of a Vatz - Holzer pairing, we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Didn't they already play together early in the season and do fairly well? Can't remember which game it was, though.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Didn't they already play together early in the season and do fairly well? Can't remember which game it was, though.

It was the first game against Minnesota. I don't really remember how they did particularly. All I remember is the Koivu's line doing pretty much whatever they wanted... except score.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
When last year ended, there were rumors Lindholm finished it while playing injured. One rumor mentioned a shoulder problem I believe. Of course our crack local media never followed up with Bob a week after he told us about Getzlaf and said he would tell more, if asked, in a week. But I wonder if Lindholm was injured and the team decided against surgery, which is now impacting him this year. As Andy Rooney would say...ya ever wonder?

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Tampa is struggling big-time and we have finally started to turn the tide.

I'm gonna go ahead and predict a blow-out, 5-1.

Nah, make that 5-2, I expect a softie from Andersen.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Hopefully Hammer's injury isn't serious, seems like he was just starting to get back on track and then this, not that I'm surprised, losing another key player right now is par for the course this season.

Vats got a game or two on the left side earlier this season IIRC, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him shift sides.

Anyhow, this is the battle of the Lauerplays, hopefully the refs swallow the whistles for the sake of my liver.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
freddy once again with ridiculous saves.. see we'll just mark this down as us being 1-0 for when the softy goes in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad