GDT: Will Lightning Strike Twice...? 4PM @TB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Do you watch all the games?

I try to, but I'm clearly not the "expert" you are. After all, when I see Bieksa, I don't see him as a better offensive option over someone like Fowler. Apparently you do.

DaDucks*

I try to, but I'm clearly not the "expert" you are. After all, when I see Bieksa, I don't see him as a better offensive option over someone like Fowler. Apparently you do.

Ah, well, I'd certainly would prefer Fowler being the one back instead of Bieska, from a defensive standpoint. Who gives us the best chance to score is still up in the air for me, but again, I'd prefer Cam to remain back. Is that really that crazy of a statement for you?

I just thought is was strange that it might be good for a player to sit after playing their best games recently.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Being a good defenseman also means recognizing when your partner is being an idiot and playing accordingly. Cam has adjusted properly to the situation he's been put in.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Fowler - Bieksa
Stoner - Vatz
Holzer - Manson

??

That would be my guess. Or my preference, at least. Top pairing will need to play a crapload of minutes. Second pairing a slightly smaller crapload. Holzer and Manson get the leftovers.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Am I seeing that correctly, did they put Vatz on the left?

Don't know what to make of a Vatz - Holzer pairing, we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Might not be correct but this site is extremely reliable when it comes to lineups, imo. If you click the link they also have the 1PP and 2PP units. Ritchie not on either.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Ah, well, I'd certainly would prefer Fowler being the one back instead of Bieska, from a defensive standpoint. Who gives us the best chance to score is still up in the air for me, but again, I'd prefer Cam to remain back. Is that really that crazy of a statement for you?

I just thought is was strange that it might be good for a player to sit after playing their best games recently.

Who gives us the best chance to score isn't even a little up in the air, unless you're completely oblivious to facts. Bieksa, despite thinking he is a forward, has half the points of Fowler. Going back beyond this season, he has consistently produced less over the last two seasons. My initial point, two games ago, was that I don't like Bieksa jumping in so much because it forces Fowler to stay back, and you objected to that. Hilariously, I might add. It's even more ridiculous to see you back peddle from that point.

My expectations of Lindholm might just be a little higher than yours. I agree that Lindholm has played better of late, but he can be so much better than he has been. He was last season. I don't want "solid" Lindholm. I want "future #1 defenseman" Lindholm. With the way our blue line is set up, the injury to Despres, and the crap play from Bieksa, we need that player. Having Vatanen, Fowler, and Lindholm all playing great hockey makes for a much better blue line.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Am I seeing that correctly, did they put Vatz on the left?

Don't know what to make of a Vatz - Holzer pairing, we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

I'm not sure how legit Daily Faceoff really is. I think we'll see Stoner and Vatanen together exactly like you posted. I just forgot about Holzer completely, of course he should be in before O'Brien.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
I'm sure Fowler wants to jump in the play more he doesn't have the chance. I see what I think is three Ducks forwards on the rush and one of them is usually Bieksa. :laugh: For someone who jumps in the play as much as he does you'd think he has more than 3 points in 20 games.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I'm not sure how legit Daily Faceoff really is. I think we'll see Stoner and Vatanen together exactly like you posted. I just forgot about Holzer completely, of course he should be in before O'Brien.

I would definitely try to keep Stoner and Sami together. I think they've been our most consistently solid pairing.

DaDucks*

Who gives us the best chance to score isn't even a little up in the air, unless you're completely oblivious to facts. Bieksa, despite thinking he is a forward, has half the points of Fowler. Going back beyond this season, he has consistently produced less over the last two seasons. My initial point, two games ago, was that I don't like Bieksa jumping in so much because it forces Fowler to stay back, and you objected to that. Hilariously, I might add. It's even more ridiculous to see you back peddle from that point.

My expectations of Lindholm might just be a little higher than yours. I agree that Lindholm has played better of late, but he can be so much better than he has been. He was last season. I don't want "solid" Lindholm. I want "future #1 defenseman" Lindholm. With the way our blue line is set up, the injury to Despres, and the crap play from Bieksa, we need that player. Having Vatanen, Fowler, and Lindholm all playing great hockey makes for a much better blue line.

There's nothing funny about Cam coming up short most of the time with the chances and role he's been given on this team (offensively). There is a reason why fan bases continue to struggle evaluating Cam's value from his stat line because of blown chances and failure to execute. I guess my expectations of Fowler are higher than yours.

No comment to the bolded, still not understanding what positives could be found sitting a player turning it around.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I'm sure Fowler wants to jump in the play more he doesn't have the chance. I see what I think is three Ducks forwards on the rush and one of them is usually Bieksa. :laugh: For someone who jumps in the play as much as he does you'd think he has more than 3 points in 20 games.

It would be easier to swallow if he did have more points, or if he made up for it with defensive play. He's all the risk without any of the reward.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA

It's pretty legit. I check it daily and the lineups are pretty much always right.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
[/B]

There's nothing funny about Cam coming up short most of the time with the chances and role he's been given on this team (offensively). There is a reason why fan bases continue to struggle evaluating Cam's value from his stat line because of blown chances and failure to execute. I guess my expectations of Fowler are higher than yours.

No comment to the bolded, still not understanding what positives could be found sitting a player turning it around.

Fanbases continue to struggle evaluating Cam from his stat line because they aren't watching him. The irony of this is that you do watch him, but you still try to evaluate him based on his stat line. Hell, you even admit you don't care about the context of the stat line.

But the even better part isn't that you're doing so, but that you're trying to push Bieksa as a better offensive option, when the only thing I'd take from Bieksa's play right now is that it's, well, pretty offensive to watch. He is not a good player.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
I really hope that they'd send Sgarbossa back to San Diego already. The Gulls are getting killed due to a lack of center depth and Sgarbossa isn't doing much with the Ducks anyway. Call up Jackman or some other guy to be the 13th forward.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I really hope that they'd send Sgarbossa back to San Diego already. The Gulls are getting killed due to a lack of center depth and Sgarbossa isn't doing much with the Ducks anyway. Call up Jackman or some other guy to be the 13th forward.

Another reason why the loss of Wagner was so stupid. We didn't just lose a potential NHL asset. We unnecessarily took a player from San Diego. Our asset management lately has not been good.

DaDucks*

Fanbases continue to struggle evaluating Cam from his stat line because they aren't watching him. The irony of this is that you do watch him, but you still try to evaluate him based on his stat line. Hell, you even admit you don't care about the context of the stat line.

But the even better part isn't that you're doing so, but that you're trying to push Bieksa as a better offensive option, when the only thing I'd take from Bieksa's play right now is that it's, well, pretty offensive to watch. He is not a good player.

haha ok, pal.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Another reason why the loss of Wagner was so stupid. We didn't just lose a potential NHL asset. We unnecessarily took a player from San Diego. Our asset management lately has not been good.

This is all true. I thought that loosing Wagner was made a too big of a deal, but it really was awful management by BM. Should've at least waited until Thompson was ready.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
hate BB, lines actually started clicking so he takes stewart and silf and flips them.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Alright. I use LeftWingLock myself and they actually have Stoner and Vatanen together, but we'll see. Haven't really paid much attention to how accurate their lineups are.

http://leftwinglock.com/line-combinations/anaheim-ducks/?team=anaheim-ducks&strength=EV&gametype=GD

Never heard of this site. I'll check it out thanks. Now I'm curious to see which is correct. Dailyfaceoff may still update, I don't consider these lineups as 100% until close to game time.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Never heard of this site. I'll check it out thanks. Now I'm curious to see which is correct. Dailyfaceoff may still update, I don't consider these lineups as 100% until close to game time.

No problem. They're really good with starting goalies, but I'd imagine Daily Faceoff being just as good. Stephens just posted this, for what it's worth:

It isn’t clear who Holzer will play with, although it’s possible that Coach Bruce Boudreau will play with him with Manson and won’t break up the other two defense pairings.

http://www.ocregister.com/ducks/line-693261-rushes-tampa.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad