Rumor: Will Kovy get Cheered or Booed?

PricePkPatch*

Why is he so popular in Montreal?

He had one good/great season other then that a bunch of ok to bad seasons.

Wasn't even a part of the run to the Conference Final.

Because when he was in his game, man was he fun to watch.

One of the big reason the crowd likes Subban so much. It's not so much about the performance as about the style he carries himself, making the entertainment value of the sport so much bigger.

Showmanship

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
It's also expectations.

Kovalev has 65 point seasons and people call it average and wanted him gone.

Desharnais has a 60 point seasons and people say we can build a team with him as a first line center.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
It's also expectations.

Desharnais has a 60 point seasons and people say we can build a team with him as a first line center.

Few have said "we can build a team around desharnais". How many have you seen? 1-2?

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Few have said "we can build a team around desharnais". How many have you seen? 1-2?

I haven't seen many people say that... A lot of fans here like Desharnais, but to build a team around him? No way.

Kovalev will get cheered, but I doubt he'll get a standing ovation. I could be wrong.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
It would be dumb for Habs fans to boo Kovalev. He has never said or done anything against the team, city or fans and did a lot of great work for local charities.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
It's also expectations.

nobody says that. stop repeating this *********

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
He loved it here and wanted to come back and play with us again, and despite his inconsistency he gave us more thrills and chills than any player in years with his skill, no chance he gets booed.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
watching the sens game right now, the crowd is getting on him a bit. wonder how the crowd will react tomorrow night? will be mixed reaction Im assuming. If I was there I would cheer like a maniac Kovy is still my hero always will be :handclap:

I'll cheer for the guy... hell there's even a little part of me that wants him to "give it to the habs" tonight.

Sure when he played for the Habs he would actually play 25% of the time, but whether we like it or not, the guy was exciting to watch and entertaining.

Which I assume is why so many of us liked him so much despite his "lack of effort".

And ofcourse the poll is pretty self explanatory!

Last edited:

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Cheers for Kovy. He seems like a nice guy, has mad skills. Hope he scores three and Habs score four.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
I'd be indifferent. But you just know you'll hear some boos. Most will probably be indifferent, which is why you'll hear the less classy fans.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Was cheered during presentation, and booed when he touches the puck. As it was suppose to happen. Booing still means you belongs and matter. Why? 'Cause Komisarek wasn't booed....:D

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
It's also expectations.

Desharnais wasn't even the #1 center last year, he just had much better linemates and more PP time. Plekanec was used more in defensive situations and less on the PP.

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
It's also expectations.

He could have scored 80. Kovy was a floater throughout a good deal of his tenure with the habs. He could be the best player on either team when he was on, or he could drag his entire line with him when he didn't want to play. Good riddance.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
I shot a little cheer for Kovy when he hit the ice tonight... then I really cheered for him out loud at his back checking on Pleky's goal! LOL

Attaboy Alex!!

boris4c

Quid infantes sumus.
Dec 13, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
I was surprised to hear fans booing him whenever he got the puck tonight. I didn't expect cheers, unless he scored a goal or something, but I certainly did not expect boos. Shameful, although the booing itself wasn't very loud which means only a handful of fans were doing it.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I was surprised to hear fans booing him whenever he got the puck tonight. I didn't expect cheers, unless he scored a goal or something, but I certainly did not expect boos. Shameful, although the booing itself wasn't very loud which means only a handful of fans were doing it.

They boo to get in his head. The last time they tried being respectful to a player they liked (Lecavalier and St. Louis) they lit Montreal up. Booing is a home ice psychological advantage.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
Go ask Brisebois.

You actually believe people viewed him as such a threat they decided to boo him? Like it was some clever plan? Most people I know would have cheered him, and they're all big-time Habs fans.

That was nothing other than people booing because they like to have someone to boo.

But I can ask Brisebois the next time I run into him if you'd like me to. It's been a while, but he'll be around at some point. Seems approachable enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad