Rumor: Will Kovy get Cheered or Booed?

StopTheClock

Sep 20, 2011
watching the sens game right now, the crowd is getting on him a bit. wonder how the crowd will react tomorrow night? will be mixed reaction Im assuming. If I was there I would cheer like a maniac Kovy is still my hero always will be :handclap:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Big cheers for sure. And a big boo from posters in the GDT towards the crowd.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
People liked him here, can't see why they would boo him.

Plus he already had his big game and should be quiet for a while. ;)

JMMR

Mar 21, 2006
Ottawa
Kovalev like 90% of NHLers care about one thing.
The all mighty GREEN.
If he wanted to stay in Montreal that bad would have taken Gaineys offer no matter what.
I'd boo him, its fun to do and knocks some players off their game.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Standing O.

This isn't even a question. Most popular player in Montreal since Roy, and this isn't even debatable.

StopTheClock

Sep 20, 2011
ya maybe I been reading this forum too much. the Kovy bashers have brainwashed me LOL. will be an epic standing O :handclap: will hit me in the feel even more than the opening ceremony. make me shed a single tear

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Kovalev like 90% of NHLers care about one thing.
The all mighty GREEN.
If he wanted to stay in Montreal that bad would have taken Gaineys offer no matter what.
I'd boo him, its fun to do and knocks some players off their game.

too bad I can't unmake your avatar ;)

not that I'll be there, but if I were, I'd cheer.

on a related note, I think Galchenyuk should stick with #94, not because he 'doesn't deserve Kovalev's number' but because he deserves a number all his own

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
If Habs are winning = he will get booed. He will get cheered if they lose. Usually how it always works out.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
I don't see why he would get any cheers or boos. At times he was great and very exciting to watch. Many other times he was frustrating. I would have voted for the option "applaud politely". That being said, I'm pretty sure he will get cheers and maybe even a standing O tomorrow night.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Standing O.

This isn't even a question. Most popular player in Montreal since Roy, and this isn't even debatable.

You know, except that Koivu guy.

But yeah, he'll get big cheers at the beginning. Then maybe some boos while he has the puck to throw him off his game. More of a respect thing than anything.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
You know, except that Koivu guy.

But yeah, he'll get big cheers at the beginning. Then maybe some boos while he has the puck to throw him off his game. More of a respect thing than anything.

Koivu had as many haters as lovers though. Kovalev had (and still does) have people who hate him with a passion, but people wanted to drive Koivu out of town basically every summer.

TheDamned

"Only in Montréal"
Aug 5, 2005
Montréal
Standing O.

Well said Sir.

didn't Kovalev get a standing ovation when he scored in our building as a Sen?

I was there, he did. Some dumb people booed him but we rapidly stood up and give him a Standing Ovation. It was epic, i almost shed a tear at that moment.

Tomorrow night will be very special, Kovy will dominate and prove we should've signed him this year too. Heck, he would be a top 2 winger with us.

Our team is miserable.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Depends how the game goes.

He'll get booed out of respect in the beginning.

If we put up a one goal lead, people will forget about him and focus on the game.
If we put up a two goal lead, they'll go back to focussing on Kovalev.
If Kovy ruins us, the crowd will cheer him.

If I were there I'd do neither except show appreciation in a rare moment at the beginning. Otherwise, I want the Habs to, you know, beat his team, so I'm not giving him any more incentive than he already has, which is quite a bit. I'm more worried about Huberdeau. We already got burned by one Habs fan (Kadri - so knew that would happen), it's bound to happen. Ex players and fans growing up - our biggest foes. Oh and RJ Umberger.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
I'd be saddened if people booed a former, loyal, Habs player. The guy didn't want to leave! He was frustrating to watch, because you knew he had more, but he was a loyal player, helped the community, and was at times, a glorious player. I'd cheer Kovvy!

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
I hope he won't be booed. Kovalev has done great things for this team and also for the city. He wanted to come back. It's not his fault.

I really hope he gets the cheers he deserves.

FakeKidPoker*

Why is he so popular in Montreal?

He had one good/great season other then that a bunch of ok to bad seasons.

Wasn't even a part of the run to the Conference Final.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad