News Article: Will Ilya Bryzgalov's comments cost him his job?

domestique

Feb 5, 2011
CONUS
I only follow S. Baicker and Meltzer.

Interestingly enough, there are posters on HF that have more insight and insider knowledge to the Flyers organization than the beat writers.

As for Bryz... I could care less what his views on politics are or if he likes to visit Philly's attractions. His work ethic (or lack thereof) is why I want him gone. There are many times that he doesn’t seem to care if the team loses or wins.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
I honestly think Bryz is trying to get bought out. He's a smart man, and knows whatever he says to the media will become a huge story. He's purposely being controversial to get Snider to pull the plug on him. He most likely hates it here and sees this as a way out.
Then why doesn't he just man up and say it to ownership?

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I only follow S. Baicker and Meltzer.

Interestingly enough, there are posters on HF that have more insight and insider knowledge to the Flyers organization than the beat writers.

As for Bryz... I could care less what his views on politics are or if he likes to visit Philly's attractions. His work ethic (or lack thereof) is why I want him gone. There are many times that he doesn’t seem to care if the team loses or wins.

I've seen people say this but they never say why, why do you think that?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It's amazing. I thought they were bottoming out with the TMZ job on Richards and Carter. They've broken through bottom and are exploring depths of crap unknown to most journalists.

I will say this: if his media conflicts are what get him bought out, and NOT his play, this organization has officially lost its collective mind. I truly hope that doesn't happen.

It's amazing how someone of Snider's stature has allowed this circus to go on for so long in the last 5 years. When's the tipping point? We had Homer lose his **** earlier this year on them but we never hear anything from Snider.

I mean one of the worst offenders (Panotch) is employed by the same company that owns the team for Christ sakes.

domestique

Feb 5, 2011
CONUS
I've seen people say this but they never say why, why do you think that?

His interviews are so “wishy washy†to me It may just be the translation from Russian to English, or maybe it is a cultural thing. But the last interview especially portrayed Bryz as a guy that really doesn’t want to be in Philly, and would prefer the west coast and even more so the KHL.

Other examples are the infamous “yawn on the bench while Mason was in netâ€. Byrz’s demeanor during the winter classic when he sat on the bench… Bryz playing angry birds during the WC.

IMHO, he is not a “team guy†but is there for his own accolades, money and if what he is doing in mentally stimulating at the time.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
Congratulations! We have successfully built a mountain out of mole hill.

It's really fascinating to read some of the inferences here.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
His interviews are so “wishy washy†to me It may just be the translation from Russian to English, or maybe it is a cultural thing. But the last interview especially portrayed Bryz as a guy that really doesn’t want to be in Philly, and would prefer the west coast and even more so the KHL.

Other examples are the infamous “yawn on the bench while Mason was in netâ€. Byrz’s demeanor during the winter classic when he sat on the bench… Bryz playing angry birds during the WC.

IMHO, he is not a “team guy†but is there for his own accolades, money and if what he is doing in mentally stimulating at the time.

Having read this interview twice in the language it was given, I can not agree with your conclusions.

Following your logic, one can deduce that people who spent their vacations in Europe do not really like US. :shakehead

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
As for the Stalin comments. He is very popular in Russia again. For instance, Volgograd is going to be called Stalingrad again for 1 week a year- the anniversary of Stalingrad battle. There are multiple petitions to make the change permanent. Unfortunately, in times of financial instability folks in Russia are longing for dictatorship.

Beef was correct saying that there are different perceptions of him here and over there.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Obviously, however capitalism might as well be killing millions of people.

Lord, no. Don't be a historical ignoramus. It almost takes willful ignorance of history to believe anything such. Take a graduate level economics and corporate finance class.

domestique

Feb 5, 2011
CONUS
Having read this interview twice in the language it was given, I can not agree with your conclusions.

Following your logic, one can deduce that people who spent their vacations in Europe do not really like US. :shakehead

How do you figure that? He states in his article that Philly and New York are not his favorite places to be a tourist in. It is easy in infer that he would rather spend time raising his kids elsewhere.

As always, Thank you for your input and your article translations. A lot can be lost in translation and also in articles where emphasis and tone cannot be portrayed. I am not a Bryz hater, but neither am I a supporter of anyone who doesn’t put the team first. Are you saying that Bryz is a team player and that all the evidence/interviews prove otherwise? I am not trying to slam you but honestly asking your opinion of Bryz’s work ethic and more importantly the one he brings to the Flyers

Last edited:

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
Thank you for your input. A lot can be lost in translation and also in articles where emphasis and tone cannot be portrayed. I am not a Bryz hater, but neither am I a supporter of anyone who doesn’t put the team first. Are you saying that Bryz is a team player and that all the evidence/interviews proves otherwise?

I am not trying to slam you but honestly asking your opinion of Bryz’s work ethic and more importantly the one he brings to the Flyers.

Thank you for your question. I am not qualified to say anything about his work ethics or him being a team player. I do not have enough evidence to support either argument. Everything about his relationship with the team is speculative at best.

this particular interview was not about the team, and actually, was very little about hockey at all. He did say there that he loves California, but I did not read it as an indication that he does not want to be a Flyer.
He does hate Philly media (but who does not), but he praised his team mates and fans.

I do believe that Bryz will be bought out because his contract is unsustainable regardless of his play, but not because of his interviews.

domestique

Feb 5, 2011
CONUS
Thanks again CSKA

As for the Stalin comments. He is very popular in Russia again. For instance, Volgograd is going to be called Stalingrad again for 1 week a year- the anniversary of Stalingrad battle. There are multiple petitions to make the change permanent. Unfortunately, in times of financial instability folks in Russia are longing for dictatorship.

Beef was correct saying that there are different perceptions of him here and over there.

That's interesting. In the U.S, students are taught the negative things Stalin accomplished. I had a University professor that was born in Lithuania (His father was forced into the Red army). At the age of 7 his family fled Russia as Germany was falling and he often spoke of his disdain of Stalin and the Russian people that followed him. I totally understand how people today can look up to him and crave a dictator in these economic times…. But if you asked the millions of people that were killed through genocide and ***** as the Red army came across Germany, you would get a different opinion.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Lord, no. Don't be a historical ignoramus. It almost takes willful ignorance of history to believe anything such. Take a graduate level economics and corporate finance class.

Look, Im not trying to get into a political tuffle, though it's interesting you should say that, considering I have taken a graduate economics class...

My opinions on capitalism aren't so much conceived based upon any percieved detriment it has domestically or economically (though issues lay there too) or even capitalism as a whole, but rather the anti-human effects that it has on a lot of the people growing crops and manufacturing goods in lesser developed countries that can't afford to feed their families or the luxury of a flushing toilet because that wouldn't allow a big enough profit margin. People's lives are only worth a specific price at an inflated cost, and that's all i'll say on the subject.

But yeah, Stalin was a jackass. Pretty interesting guy though. I think Bryz is essentially just saying he'd like to know how the guy thought and what made him into the person he was... Surprisingly, the biography of his that I read was incredibly boring and pretty difficult to finish.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
honestly I really dont care what Bryzgalov's political views are. Everyone knows he is going to speak his mind on a subject and give an an honest answer.
As a wise man once said. "nothing to see here, move along"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad