GDT: Will I ever Kick My Caffeine Addiction?

Caffeine

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Our blue line is so embarrassingly bad. Wonder how long until Holland pulls the trigger and ships one of our dead weight wingers for some defensive help.

It could use an upgrade but “embarrassingly bad” is a bit much. And if our wingers are dead weight, how would you expect Holland to make trade for a legit upgrade. Top 4 Dmen still demand a premium in this League.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Caffeine is good for you. Without coffee, pretty sure I would be dead

Anyway, Oilers going and skinner in net tonight. I like our chances…… maybe….. I don’t know 😞

Just win please!
Funny... I never drink coffee but I'm actually a popaholic. I used to control myself but ever since I became a truck driver last month, people I've delivered to have offered me the stuff for free! Hard to say no! That new dream flavored coca cola is something else. 😇 When it's no longer being sold, I'll be sad.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Hopefully this game is more enjoyable than the one on Saturday, Blues played like a dead-puck era team with Jacque Lemaire as coach.

Biltmore

Next Year...
Oct 22, 2015
My neck hurts, migraines suck, but nothing beats a nice ice cold bottle of cola. Is the pain worth it? You bet it is.

View attachment 599204

View attachment 599205

View attachment 599206
Sorry to hear about your migraines. Have you tried simple magnesium pills as a cure? My son had terrible migraines as a young kid. Then one day I read a story in the Costco magazine. A woman said magnesium cured her migraines. I started my son on magnesium pills and his horrible migraines ended as well.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Sorry to hear about your migraines. Have you tried simple magnesium pills as a cure? My son had terrible migraines as a young kid. Then one day I read a story in the Costco magazine. A woman said magnesium cured her migraines. I started my son on magnesium pills and his horrible migraines ended as well.

Oh damn, for real? I will try that then, thanks!

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Let’s go !!!!!!! Let’s get a win

1666825662447.png

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Hope the Bane moment for Connor is a turning point on the season and not just 1 game. Oilers should keep it rolling and just come out flying. Goal this year should be to threaten for the President's Trophy, if we win it it's the final step before a Cup in many cases.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Funny... I never drink coffee but I'm actually a popaholic. I used to control myself but ever since I became a truck driver last month, people I've delivered to have offered me the stuff for free! Hard to say no! That new dream flavored coca cola is something else. 😇 When it's no longer being sold, I'll be sad.

What did you think of that invented flavour Starlight? Have you tried the new Dreamworld or Marshmello?

Starlight tasted like Dr Pepper blended with Coke. Was sort of gross.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I look at Coffee as more of a symbiotic relationship than an addiction.
I read some books on coffee and it pretty much is. Plants we derive coffee beans from were one of countless plants that were until some point obscure. Particularly certain naturally occurring varieties. But due to the human love for the stuff, and growing plantations of the stuff we take a plant and put it everywhere it can grow. The whole book was focusing on the interplay and human relationship with coffee, and vice versa. Even from a selection pov coffee helped humans to stay awake, alert, or work harder or prosper. Thus increasing their chances of survival so that natural selection of caffiene receptors and physiology, took shape because it was advantageous.

Coffee could be a toxin, and is to many organisms, but humans have an ability to break it down, flush it, metabolize it. Without which perhaps caffeine toxicity might take place. The plants have just enough caffeine to ward of insects, some herbivores etc but no so much that it harms humans to any significance.

I'll be hitting a stiff large coffee to handle watching the Blues again tonight. ;) Last Saturday I had some drooping eyes. I fell asleep completely for one intermission.

Last edited:

OilfaninTO

Aug 1, 2020
I’ll second the magnesium. I added it to my regular preventative migraine meds and it seemed to lessen the migraines in severity but not frequency. Still a help though.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Pour an ounce or two of rum in that cola.

Rum is a pain killer, and cola was prescribed as a pain killer in the late 19th century.

That gives you centuries of kicking ass
I would try this but I got a Covid booster + Flu vaccine chaser just yesterday. The recommend just getting these darts at the same time now. Not sure what a great idea that was. I have a mild grade body ache. But stomach impacted too. Can be side effects of either flu or vaccine.

Rum and Cola will have to wait for tomorrow I fear.

I take magnesium citrate. Have for the last 5yrs. I had muscle cramps, soreness and sometimes cramps so bad a thigh or calve would cease up. I used to be addicted to work outs and I think related. I was basically taxing out any Magnesium in my system and the body and muscle groups need it for ideal function. Just 150mg/day has alleviated all the problems. Its like magic.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I’m like a crack head for coffee.
Yep. I Probably do drink a pot or more of coffee every day.

I’m not a coffee snob at all, in fact I abhor the idea of paying 7 or 8 bucks for some crazy foo foo coffee that I get zero increased satisfaction from.

Maybe a poll question for @Cloned but I’m curious what everyone’s go to coffee is.

Not a fancy dude, I love McDonald’s coffee. I buy one every day here in AZ because it’s on my daily walk, I grab a medium and then sit in the mid morning sun and just soak in the day. I wouldn’t walk across the street for Tim Hortons, sorry Tim. I wouldn’t take a free Starbucks if you handed it to me. Coop gas stations sell Van Houtte blends and they are very good as well.

Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
What did you think of that invented flavour Starlight? Have you tried the new Dreamworld or Marshmello?

Starlight tasted like Dr Pepper blended with Coke. Was sort of gross.
I never had Starlight. (gonna have Madonna stuck in my head now lol) I've seen the Marshmello stuff at 711 but haven't gotten around to trying it yet. I intend to though it sounds interesting! Dream flavored is the bomb though.

As for the game, I really don't know what to expect. I don't think they'll shut us out however.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I would try this but I got a Covid booster + Flu vaccine chaser just yesterday. The recommend just getting these darts at the same time now. Not sure what a great idea that was. I have a mild grade body ache. But stomach impacted too. Can be side effects of either flu or vaccine.

Rum and Cola will have to wait for tomorrow I fear.

I take magnesium citrate. Have for the last 5yrs. I had muscle cramps, soreness and sometimes cramps so bad a thigh or calve would cease up. I used to be addicted to work outs and I think related. I was basically taxing out any Magnesium in my system and the body and muscle groups need it for ideal function. Just 150mg/day has alleviated all the problems. Its like magic.
Probably like a few of us on here, magnesium is just one of the daily vitamin supplements that i down with my morning coffee, lol!

Reactions: Drivesaitl

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Same! I can seriously drink a pot to myself lol.
Yep. I Probably do drink a pot or more of coffee every day.

I’m not a coffee snob at all, in fact I abhor the idea of paying 7 or 8 bucks for some crazy foo foo coffee that I get zero increased satisfaction from.

Maybe a poll question for @Cloned but I’m curious what everyone’s go to coffee is.

Not a fancy dude, I love McDonald’s coffee. I buy one every day here in AZ because it’s on my daily walk, I grab a medium and then sit in the mid morning sun and just soak in the day. I wouldn’t walk across the street for Tim Hortons, sorry Tim. I wouldn’t take a free Starbucks if you handed it to me. Coop gas stations sell Van Houtte blends and they are very good as well.
I love McD’s coffee and I don’t mind Timmies. Im
Not a big Starbucks guy. It’s expensive and the people there always are weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad