Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Why does this article’s prose read like one of my undergrads “C” level papers

Reactions: CasusBelli

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Yet another example of a big strong forward. these guys take longer to get their wheels under them, especially if they aren't high end first round picks.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Guys like Belzile & Pitlick shouldnt be inked into any lineup without giving this kid an ample opportunity.

His game fits the needs of the bottom six on this squad. Even Blidh could be a better option than either of those two.

There should be a healthy competition for one or two forward spots on this roster

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
From what i've seen Cuylle's skating is not an issue. He has good straight ahead speed.
From what I have seen he looks like a big body that gets twisted around out of position as he tries in vain to throw a hit as someone with speed goes by him. When he lines someone up along the boards he can be dangerous, but open ice he is a liability.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
From what I have seen he looks like a big body that gets twisted around out of position as he tries in vain to throw a hit as someone with speed goes by him. When he lines someone up along the boards he can be dangerous, but open ice he is a liability.

He's not going to be an open ice hitter. He's a big body who is good along the boards and is going to be difficult to move in and around the net. He also has a good shot. I don't expect to see him lining guys up in open ice

Reactions: bhamill

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Tough crowd, Cuylle is a great prospect. Heavy shot, nasty game, plays to his strengths, second on the Pack in scoring last year as a 21-year old. I would give him a better chance of starting in the NHL this year than Othmann.

For a 60th overall pick just three years ago, that's way above rate. I bet he'd go like 25-30 picks earlier in a re-draft.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Cuylle and Othmann need to outplay bottom 6 vets to make the Rangers IMO. Tie goes to the vet and Will and/or Brennan start the season in Hartford. There is no rush with either of them. We're not in the middle of a rebuild. Top minutes in Hartford instead of 12/13 F in New York. If either makes the Rangers they need to play a lot and they won't be on a scoring line....or at least Cuylle won't. If guys like Pitlick, Bonino or Vesey struggle too much and Will and/or Brennan are doing well with the Pack or they do so well with the Pack that you really want to bring either of them up then we can revisit and waive or trade one of the vets.

A lot of this is going to be decided in camp and you want these two kids to really deserve it if they do make the team.

Reactions: egelband

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Tough crowd, Cuylle is a great prospect. Heavy shot, nasty game, plays to his strengths, second on the Pack in scoring last year as a 21-year old. I would give him a better chance of starting in the NHL this year than Othmann.

For a 60th overall pick just three years ago, that's way above rate. I bet he'd go like 25-30 picks earlier in a re-draft.
But he can't skate like Pavel Bure so he won't be any good.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey

100% agreed and last year was his age 20 season which makes it even more impressive.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Guys like Belzile & Pitlick shouldnt be inked into any lineup without giving this kid an ample opportunity.

His game fits the needs of the bottom six on this squad. Even Blidh could be a better option than either of those two.

There should be a healthy competition for one or two forward spots on this roster
Is Blidh still with The Rangers? Assumed he was a free agent and I don’t remember reading he re-signed. Not that I’m completely on top of this.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
He's not going to be an open ice hitter. He's a big body who is good along the boards and is going to be difficult to move in and around the net. He also has a good shot. I don't expect to see him lining guys up in open ice
That's fine, but he has to be able to keep up with them, and from what I have seen he can't do that.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
That's fine, but he has to be able to keep up with them, and from what I have seen he can't do that.
Disagreed. He keeps up fine from what I’ve seen. His skating isn’t his strength but that doesn’t make it a weakness. He’s an average skater. There’s lots of legit NHLers that are average skaters. Not Everyone can be the in the top tier skating wise. Players do more than fine relying on various strengths annd attributes aside from elite skating.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
He can earn a spot it just pushes Pitlick to spare most of the time

Is Blidh still with The Rangers? Assumed he was a free agent and I don’t remember reading he re-signed. Not that I’m completely on top of this.

He signed and in Camp

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad