Sidney Crosby 100 points watch : It’s in the book! 100 Pts in 79 GP

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I've gotta check my quote notifications quicker it seems :laugh:
Maaan. Gonna get dragged back into it.

I was just saying that Sid has started inconsistently or downright slow the last few years but cranked it up in January. Which is why in a calendar year he's getting 100 but not during the actual season. Injuries sprinkled around just messed it up more.

I realized I was opening no one's eyes lol.

Reactions: Peat

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
Sid needs 35 points in the next 26 games to reach the milestone, so he'll need to average atleast 1,35 point per game for the rest of the way.

So far, his best 26 games stretch this season has been from November 10th to January 8th, where he scored 13 goals and 25 assists (38 points)

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
I think this last stretch of bad play by everyone really hurt his chances. Honestly can’t remember the last power play point he has received.

The power play going to Hell really hurt his chances. Guys not burying A+ chances on his line also hurts him.

But we did pick up two of the flukiest assists last night so hopefully it’s the start of a year from him.

Whether he gets to 100 points or not, I think we can all agree as fans that Crosby has not lost much in terms of talent. If anything at all.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I think Sid sees Art Rosses the same way the rest of the team sees Presidents Trophies: I’d be nice but not if accomplishing that costs you energy you could’ve saved up for the playoffs.

100 points, from a fans perspective, would be nice to see though.
Let the Kucherov's, McDavid's and Patty Kane's go all out for that Art Ross now. See how they do come playoff time (note: two of them will be sitting at home and one of them is on the new Washington Capitals).

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I don't think Sid will hit 100. For whatever reason, he's not having these monster 4 and 5 point games that the other top guys are having even when he's playing absolutely lights out.

I think over the course of the season, you need those multiple 3, 4, and 5 point nights to offset the 1 and 0 point nights in order to reach 100. I just don't see Sid getting enough of those.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Also, the 3 missed games will hurt. Even if he produces at a 100 point pace, that will mean he'll fall short by 3 or 4 points due to those missed games.

Essentially, he'd have to produce closer to about a 105 point pace to make up for the fact he'll only play 79 games this year instead of 82 (knock on wood that he doesn't miss more).

Reactions: Peat

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
Let the Kucherov's, McDavid's and Patty Kane's go all out for that Art Ross now. See how they do come playoff time (note: two of them will be sitting at home and one of them is on the new Washington Capitals).

Because wearing a Penguin jersey is the only way that you can try for the scoring title AND care about the playoffs. Also, can you still be a punchline as a team if you just won the Cup? This is just a silly post that reeks of homerism.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
It's a milestone number that would add to his legacy for sure. Six 100 point seasons looks real gud.

Not gonna happen though. This team's too up and down. Probably ends up with 99.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Because wearing a Penguin jersey is the only way that you can try for the scoring title AND care about the playoffs. Also, can you still be a punchline as a team if you just won the Cup? This is just a silly post that reeks of homerism.
They're not a punchline anymore - I was basically saying they *were* until they won last year. I just think Tampa the past few years has been sorta like the Caps used to be in the sense they are killing it with stats and points in the regular season, but not getting it done in the playoffs.

In terms of my post reeking homerism excusing Crosby for "not dialing it up since he's saving himself for the playoffs" - yeah okay I can't defend that, that did sound silly. Still overall content with the way he's been playing, it's not all about points anyway.

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
UPDATE :

With 11 points in his last 5 games, Crosby needs 28 points in the next 23 games to hit 100 points, so he’ll need to average atleast 1,22 ppg the rest of the way.

Will he make it ?

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
He could. So that’s nice. I’m guessing he’ll finish somewhere around 92-95

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Depends, is his line going forward after this month Guentzel-Crosby-Duchene? :sarcasm:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
His game was completely different pre-concussion. He went from an energetic, goal-to-goal points-getter to a guy who hangs around the goal looking for tip-ins and quick shots. It's always been shocking to me how so few people talk about this. The guy is so good at this game he can completely rewire himself to play whatever role he wants.
Sid could walk on water if he wished it so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad