Sidney Crosby 100 points watch : It’s in the book! 100 Pts in 79 GP

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Gonna be a photo finish!
P/GP speaking gives him a 102.22 pts projection but that doesn't take into account the increasing difficulty of stacking it as he approaches the hard core PO land (players playing harder while refs looking more and more elsewhere...).

So yeah, photo finish indeed!

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
tenor.gif

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
As of now Sid just needs to get a point per game to hit 100. Less notable this year than in the past since scoring is way up, but it would be very impressive for a player at Sid's age to break 100.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
He should be seriously considered for the Selke seeing as how it usually goes to a high scoring defensive forward.

First guy since Federov in 96 to break 100 pts and win a Selke.

Reactions: canadianguy77

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Any chance he takes first team Center this year? He’s closing in on Mcdavid and is having a strong two way season. Mcdavid is also a - player. If the pens make the playoffs and it’s close maybe?

Absolutely should. Also I think the writers prefer McDavid at this point. A shame, because Sid is still the most complete player in the NHL.

If the Pens make the playoffs and Sid ends up top 4 in points, he’ll be top 3 finalist for the Hart. Mark my words

Deserves to be, 100%. Kooch will win though. To me, that doesn't make sense, cause that team is stacked offensively and they'd still be close to where they are without him. Pens? They'd be with the Rags and Debbies sans Sid.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Crosby is so good at offense that it seems to me some folks are downplaying his D abilities. I mean, is he really behind Patrice Bergeron D wise? If he is, i think it's by a small margin and i'd rather have the more offense oriented of those two any day of the week.

Sid is the best all around player in my book, he managed to improve his defense while staying a top offensive threat. Best all around with two things standing out imo, lethal backhand shot and pitbull board fury (for a super star, i mean they usually aren't that good board wise).

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Crosby is so good at offense that it seems to me some folks are downplaying his D abilities. I mean, is he really behind Patrice Bergeron D wise? If he is, i think it's by a small margin and i'd rather have the more offense oriented of those two any day of the week.

Sid is the best all around player in my book, he managed to improve his defense while staying a top offensive threat. Best all around with two things standing out imo, lethal backhand shot and pitbull board fury (for a super star, i mean they usually aren't that good board wise).
Sid will always be behind Bergeron when it comes to defense I think, just because he’s more offensively dangerous and takes risks that Bergeron can’t justify as well.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Sid will always be behind Bergeron when it comes to defense I think, just because he’s more offensively dangerous and takes risks that Bergeron can’t justify as well.
That's what i was trying to illustrate, thanks, no really. I mean, it's like sacrificing a +2 on offense for a +1 on defense in a role-playing game or something.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
He should be seriously considered for the Selke seeing as how it usually goes to a high scoring defensive forward.

Crosby is so good at offense that it seems to me some folks are downplaying his D abilities

Yeah. Right now, he's -too- high-scoring of a forward. Once his point totals start to dip a bit more noticeably in a few years, his defense will have magically become better.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Funny how that works. Think there's some truth to that.

Because it’s already happened. A lot of people talked up Sid defensively last year when I think he was noticeably weak there (and in every other area) most games until March relative to his career standards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad