Will Auston Matthews finish top 15 in scoring this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGenerational

Dec 7, 2017
He's peaked, just like all the scouts said would happen because he had a mature game when he was drafted.
I can't believe people think he's on the same tier as McDavid.

McDavid >>>Matthews AINEC regardless as to what LAUGHS fans say.

McGenerational

Dec 7, 2017
Man, the amount of bitter Oilers fans creating Leafs threads today. That Russel goal combined with your recent loss to Philly must have really ended your season.
Do you realize that the Oilers are a much better team than the Laughs but you're lucky to have a compentent coach and an INSANE amount of puck luck?

Forwards
Oiler>>Leafs

Defense
Oilers>>Leafs

Goalie
Oilers>>Leafs

Coaching
Oilers<<<<<<<<<<Leafs

Enjoy the ride while you can, Loafs.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
Is he 'generational' though? I think he finishes with about 85-90 points. Some of the guys ahead of him will slow down.
But Matthews won't slow down huh? Even though he has already

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Should flirt with around 70-75ish points or so. If early season trends continue with regards to scoring, he'll probably be around 20th to 30th.

Not a generational player. Not going to threaten for the Art Ross throughout his career.

Reactions: Edmoney

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
He's peaked, just like all the scouts said would happen because he had a mature game when he was drafted.
I can't believe people think he's on the same tier as McDavid.

McDavid >>>Matthews AINEC regardless as to what LAUGHS fans say.

Yeah we'll be laughing our way to the Stanley Cup finals while Edmonton racks up more 1st overall picks the next 5 seasons.

Edmoney

McDavid/Draisaitl > Crosby/Malkin
Nov 7, 2017
Edmonton
Should flirt with around 70-75ish points or so. If early season trends continue with regards to scoring, he'll probably be around 20th to 30th.

Not a generational player. Not going to threaten for the Art Ross throughout his career.
Agreed. I see Matthews' prime as being a 10-20 player in the league in points year in and year out to be honest. New rookies like Barzal, Keller, Hischier are doing exactly what he does and none of them are generational. Sorry leafs fans.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Agreed. I see Matthews' prime as being a 10-20 player in the league in points year in and year out to be honest. New rookies like Barzal, Keller, Hischier are doing exactly what he does and none of them are generational. Sorry leafs fans.

Exactly? Are you sure about that or just spouting more nonsense?

Edmoney

McDavid/Draisaitl > Crosby/Malkin
Nov 7, 2017
Edmonton
What does Matthews bring to the table that any of the top young players/rookies don't at this point? After last year I actually thought Auston would make a jump like McDavid but it never happened so he doesn't deserve more praise than a player like Barzal.

McGenerational

Dec 7, 2017
Yeah we'll be laughing our way to the Stanley Cup finals while Edmonton racks up more 1st overall picks the next 5 seasons.
Not with Mr. Overrated as your #1C.
The guy has one decent season and now he's generational. Give me a break.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

How is it nonsense? He states that Matthews will be a top 10-20 player, Matthews stats and real world performance show him to be a top 20-30 player. Unless these stats and numbers lie he does have a good case that Matthews is in line with other decent young players Hischier and Brazil.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Do you realize that the Oilers are a much better team than the Laughs but you're lucky to have a compentent coach and an INSANE amount of puck luck?

Forwards
Oiler>>Leafs

Defense
Oilers>>Leafs

Goalie
Oilers>>Leafs

Coaching
Oilers<<<<<<<<<<Leafs

Trolls don't get taken seriously around here. If you're going to do it atleast be funny about it.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
How is it nonsense? He states that Matthews will be a top 10-20 player, Matthews stats and real world performance show him to be a top 20-30 player. Unless these stats and numbers lie he does have a good case that Matthews is in line with other decent young players Hischier and Brazil.

They are doing exactly what he is doing? They do not have his two way game and overall dominance. People here are shockingly bad at evaluating players, let's go the NHL.com and see what my opinion is today.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
At the beginning of the season, I thought he would get 35-40 goals, and or 30-35 assists. 70 points would be a good sophomore year for Matthews. I am sticking to this. I didn't expect the same higher ratio of goals to assists as last year. But more of an even 1-1 split. I do not believe he will produce enough assists to finish top 15. Matthews style is one of a better goal scorer than playmaker. 70 points last year would just land him outside 15 at 18. With scoring up this year 70 pts will be closer to 20+ in scoring.

Reactions: flamesforcup

McGenerational

Dec 7, 2017
Trolls don't get taken seriously around here. If you're going to do it atleast be funny about it.

Please explain how the Leafs are better in any of those positions

McDavid >> Matthews
Draisaitl>> Nylander
RNH >> Marner

Klef > Reilly
Nurse > Gardinder
Larsson > Zaitsev
Sekera > Hainsey

Talbot> Anderson

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

Forwards
Oiler>>Leafs

Defense
Oilers>>Leafs

Goalie
Oilers>>Leafs

Coaching
Oilers<<<<<<<<<<Leafs

Pretty sure there you have to be atleast 13 to use this site. Please get off your dads Ipad.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Please explain how the Leafs are better in any of those positions

McDavid >> Matthews
Draisaitl>> Nylander
RNH >> Marner

Klef > Reilly
Nurse > Gardinder
Larsson > Zaitsev
Sekera > Hainsey

Talbot> Anderson

They won't make the playoffs this year. Next.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
They are doing exactly what he is doing? They do not have his two way game and overall dominance. People here are shockingly bad at evaluating players, let's go the NHL.com and see what my opinion is today.

Oh okay. it really sounds like you just have a case of homerism. If Matthews was playing for Florida and still putting up stats that land him outside the top 20 in league scoring would your opinion about him be the same? Doubt it.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
At the beginning of the season, I thought he would get 35-40 goals, and or 30-35 assists. 70 points would be a good sophomore year for Matthews. I am sticking to this. I didn't expect the same higher ratio of goals to assists as last year. But more of an even 1-1 split. I do not believe he will produce enough assists to finish top 15. Matthews style is one of a better goal scorer than playmaker. 70 points last year would just land him outside 15 at 18. With scoring up this year 70 pts will be closer to 20+ in scoring.

He will surpass 70 points pretty easily even with 4 games missed. Of course his defensive game will also never be taken into account or just be severely undervalued by his detractors. Winning games sure is fun though.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Oh okay. it really sounds like you just have a case of homerism. If Matthews was playing for Florida and still putting up stats that land him outside the top 20 in league scoring would your opinion about him be the same? Doubt it.

Seems to me a lot more than just Toronto fans have been raving about Matthews' play, that one player who plays for Florida Barkov being one of them. Pay more attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad