Will a player ever score 150 points in a season again?

?

• Total voters

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Far in the future, yes. Current generation doesn't have a player like that though.

SouthWest

Apr 16, 2013
Canada
I think it could happen again with some rule changes and the continuation of shrinking goalie equipment.

9/16 of the 150 point seasons seen the players shooting at above 20 SH%. Shot volume was also up with many of the players approaching being +350 shots.

For context the best SH% of 100 points players since the lockout is Claude Giroux at 17.6% with only 196 shots.

Only seven players have had more than 350 shots in a season since the lockout. With the low end of SH% being 8.7 from Ovi and the high being 14.7 from Jagr.

I believe the talent has been around for us to see it happen (Jagr, Ovi, Crosby, McDavid), the game has just been too tight with large goalies, shot blocking, and system play.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
The way the current NHL is, I have to say no. It would take a perfect storm of multiple rule changes coming into effect together and also being the best generational player since McDavid (it's going to have to be someone after McDavid, I think).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad