Will a GM be Fired Mid-Season

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
GMs rarely get fired during the season. I think the last one was Scott Howson in 2013.
With Montreal off to a nice start, maybe Bergevin survives.
Is there a team that would fire their GM in November if they're in the basement?
I think the consensus will be Chiarelli, but are there other candidates?

Last edited:

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
GMs rarely get fired during the season. I think the last one was Scott Howson in 2013.
Is there a team that would fire their GM in November if their in the basement?

Edmonton

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I think the consensus will be Chiarelli, but are there other candidates?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Is there a team that would fire their GM in November if their in the basement?
Francis. Well, "resigned" but yeah, Ron was on the outs shortly after the deadline.

And a week ago I would have said Chia would be gone by Thanksgiving. He still might IMO.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
Smart money would be on Chia, but penny pinching owners are always ready to fire anytime.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Edmonton could burn the whole thing down, with only McDavid left standing.

LA looks like they're in trouble to me too.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Edmonton could burn the whole thing down, with only McDavid left standing.

LA looks like they're in trouble to me too.

I questioned the Rob Blake promotion, but he's only been at it a year and a half. Probably too soon to fire him even if they bottom out by Thanksgiving.

LowSodium

Jan 4, 2015
Dallas
Wonder if Jim Nill will last all year. If things dont pick up in Dallas, this could be his last season

I was hoping for it last year honestly. Doesnt look like much improved.

With their calibre of players they should never have only 2 goals over a 3 game stretch, especially when scoring is way up.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
franceso aquillini does not have a history of letting anyone go mid season. Won't be Benning.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Wonder if Jim Nill will last all year. If things dont pick up in Dallas, this could be his last season
He really screwed up this off season. Too focused on the flashy moves, when they didn't work out he didn't have any secondary plans. If we're not looking good by December he needs to go.

Tifosi

Feb 6, 2006
Hopefully Bowman, Q and the entire coaching staff, sick of their idiotic decisions.

rambo97

Jan 2, 2018
The Oilers Owner D. Katz has left his $120 million Malibu mansion and was with the team (and still currently is) since the Jets game.

Pretty sure he’s ready to clean house but the 3 game win streak has bought the coach and GM some time. Lots are speculating that he was with the team to get rid of the coach. But let’s be honest. If he wanted to get rid of the coach he could have called Chia to have him fired. I think he’s with the team to get rid of Chia and the coach and clean house.

The Oilers Luxory boxes were sold with 3, 5, and 7 year leases. So some of those boxes are up for renewal after this season. The locals are restless. We want Chia’s head. That feeling is all over the city which likely extends to some of those luxory boxes.

The Oilers are a cash cow. We are one of the highest revenue teams in the league. So Katz is going to want that to continue. So if the the City wants results and for the shit show to stop the easiest solution for him is to fire everyone and have the money keep rolling in.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad