Will a GM be Fired Mid-Season

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Benning is actually doing a damn good job. I'm sure hes sorry he doesnt have a time machine to make the process faster for you, but we have a lot of nice pieces coming up.

I would welcome you to share your rationale over on the Canucks board. My guess is that your opinion is seen as the outlier, and that @Breakers has the right of it. Would be interesting.

As to the OP, no one GM seems like he is on the outs this early.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I would welcome you to share your rationale over on the Canucks board. My guess is that your opinion is seen as the outlier, and that @Breakers has the right of it. Would be interesting.

As to the OP, no one GM seems like he is on the outs this early.

Chiarelli would be, if he didn't have the coach firing card that he could use at any time

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
It doesn’t make logistical sense to fire GM during the season.

Isn't it better to fire a GM let's say a month before trade deadline than in June. Let the new GM make evaluate the team and make the trades he thinks are better for the team?

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
Isn't it better to fire a GM let's say a month before trade deadline than in June. Let the new GM make evaluate the team and make the trades he thinks are better for the team?

Replacement options are key here. Bringing other team AGM as your GM is easier in the off-season.

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
So who is the first GM fired in April or the off-season?
I won’t be surprised if the Aquilinis fire Benning. While progress has been made, there have been a bunch of debacles that I’m sure didn’t go unnoticed.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
BUMP
So pre-season GM hotseat lists always include Benning, but with the Canucks doing well with their fancy young core, which GM currently is in danger?

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
BUMP
So pre-season GM hotseat lists always include Benning, but with the Canucks doing well with their fancy young core, which GM currently is in danger?

Doug Wilson has to be feeling the burn after this start and having 30 million locked up for years in 3 30+ year old defenseman on the decline.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
I wouldn't change a GM mid-season. After game 82 and before the draft is the perfect window.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
GMs rarely get fired during the season. I think the last one was Scott Howson in 2013.
With Montreal off to a nice start, maybe Bergevin survives.
Is there a team that would fire their GM in November if they're in the basement?
I think the consensus will be Chiarelli, but are there other candidates?
GMs rarely get fired at the end of July/ early August too, but that's happened this year already, so why not?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->