Wildcat Mock Draft (7 rounds)

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
There is about 2-3 mock drafts that aren't into 3-4 rounds yet so maybe that's why nobody is joining? I bet it'll fill up within 2-3 days though.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
There is about 2-3 mock drafts that aren't into 3-4 rounds yet so maybe that's why nobody is joining? I bet it'll fill up within 2-3 days though.

I think length is a factor too. All of those drafts are 7 rounds...it's been a struggle to some extent to get people for 7 round drafts and to actually complete those drafts. There are not many people that have the knowledge, even here, to go past the 4th round and do more than guess. So, length and lack of knowledge of the players likely to go in the back-half of the draft intimidates people out of signing-up...and the high rate of non-completion of longer drafts frustrates people who do have the knowledge and commitment, motivating them to not sign up for another 7-rounder that may not complete.

Conversely, when someone ran a 1 round...it filled up in hours (mostly, it took days to find someone to rep Ottawa purely for trade purposes...but the other 29 teams went fast, within 1 day, I believe.) I'm not doing any 7-round mocks this year because I don't have the time to commit to one. I did a 1-round and I'd probably sign up if someone was running a 3-or-4 rounder.

WildcatOil

May 24, 2014
Alberta
I think length is a factor too. All of those drafts are 7 rounds...it's been a struggle to some extent to get people for 7 round drafts and to actually complete those drafts. There are not many people that have the knowledge, even here, to go past the 4th round and do more than guess. So, length and lack of knowledge of the players likely to go in the back-half of the draft intimidates people out of signing-up...and the high rate of non-completion of longer drafts frustrates people who do have the knowledge and commitment, motivating them to not sign up for another 7-rounder that may not complete.

Conversely, when someone ran a 1 round...it filled up in hours (mostly, it took days to find someone to rep Ottawa purely for trade purposes...but the other 29 teams went fast, within 1 day, I believe.) I'm not doing any 7-round mocks this year because I don't have the time to commit to one. I did a 1-round and I'd probably sign up if someone was running a 3-or-4 rounder.

the alternative would be trading those picks i suppose

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Confirmed. 7 teams left, my hope is that the time it takes to fill it well be made up with people committed to the draft. We'll see I'd that's accurate.

Yeah, no worries. It will fill up soon and work out fine.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
JUST 2 TEAMS LEFT!

This might be your last chance to take part in an NHL mock draft UNTIL NEXT YEAR.

Who wants to wait an entire year when you can do it now? Let me tell you who. NO ONE!

Do you know what's the best part of it all? You don't even have to pay anything! Can you imagine that? :amazed:

If you'll be one of the next 2 posters, we'll send you a self-pat-on-the-back FOR NO ADDED CHARGES.

pat-self-on-back.jpg

deal.png

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Now, that we only need one team to fill lets start things off?

:sharks

Announce the re-signing of:
James Sheppard 2 years 1.5M per (3M)
Tommy Wingels 3 years 2.5 per (7.5M)
Jason Demers 3 years 3M per (9M)
Alex Stalock 1 year 1.5M (1.5M)

Buyouts
Marty Havlat

Trade Block
Joe Thornton
Tyler Kennedy
Brad Stuart