Post-Game Talk: Wild

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Well, it’s pretty clear this offense is going to have a hard time doing anything without Bertuzzi, Vrana, Fabbri, and now Larkin and Hronek. Kubalik has also cooled off. It sucks but there’s not much they can do except wait for these guys to get healthy. Different line combinations will only do so much.

On the bright side, I thought Seider was great tonight and Hellberg was respectable.

Oct 18, 2006
Well, it’s pretty clear this offense is going to have a hard time doing anything without Bertuzzi, Vrana, Fabbri, and now Larkin and Hronek. Kubalik has also cooled off.

On the bright side, I thought Seider was great tonight and Hellberg was respectable.
Agreed. Seider looked very good and I thought despite giving up 3, Helberg was solid.

Thought Berggren looked lively, as did Soderblom, and Ras I thought was good too. Copp was invisible, we need more from him if Larkin is going to miss any prolonged period. Losing Hronek was huge.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Team looked lost without Larkin tonight.
No jump, no spirit.

Like a rudderless ship off into the abyss.

Last edited:

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Becoming a very boring team to watch. When they are off, boy they are off. Asides from 2 kids being creative with limited ice time, the team lacks skilled/exciting players.

Was nice to see Hellberg back between the pipes. I wouldn’t mind running 3 goalies for a while. Husso being the 1A and then split the 1B duties between Ned and Hellberg

DanielMarois

May 25, 2013
This team was not a playoff team even with a healthy lineup, the easy early schedule made them seem better than they are.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
On TNT after “would you trade Dylan Larkin for Bo Horvat”. The four panel guys all like got shut up by the question

nhlisawesome

Oct 26, 2019
This low event hockey is turning me off from even watching full games any longer. Its so so bad and boring. Copp and Raymond look absolutely awful. Copp and Chariot signings are going to be top 5 worst free agent signings in the summer of 2022. Absolutely pitiful hockey not sure what anyone sees in Veleno either he just does not ever get it done on the scoresheet.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Wow, injuries are sending this team straight to the trash bin again. Not much you can do when your best three forwards and best pair of defensemen are out, in addition to other players throughout the lineup.

I would say we should be sellers at the deadline, but all of our potential trade chips have tanked their value this season. Who are you gonna trade, Fabbri for a used jockstrap? Bertuzzi for a second?

I think Yzerman has to hold serve, try and fill some holes in the off-season, and hope we don't get butt-f***ed by injuries next season.

I have to say, the Copp signing was really bad. The guy is not a legit second line center, and I was concerned when so many fans and media people were pushing for him last year. The guy is a perennial 20-30 point player who leveraged one mediocre season into a nice fat albatross of a contract.

Last edited:

nhlisawesome

Oct 26, 2019
Wow, injuries are sending this team straight to the trash bin again. Not much you can do when your best three forwards and best pair of defensemen are out, in addition to other players throughout the lineup.

I would say we should be sellers at the deadline, but all of our potential trade chips have tanked their value this season. Who are you gonna trade, Fabbri for a used jockstrap? Bertuzzi for a second?

I think Yzerman has to hold serve, try and fill some holes in the off-season, and hope we don't get butt-f***ed by injuries next season.
It sucks to because the two free agents he gave term to look absolutely dogshit in the FIRST years of their contract (Copp and Chariot). Don't know if Yzerman knows how to sign good free agents more than a year or 2

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Basically missing a top line and our best D pairing. Not to mention some additional depth pieces.

It be rough.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Hronek head down or not, that Piece of Shit Reeves had every intention of trying to hurt there. He has done shit like this his whole career, and he had plenty of time not to hit Hronek there as Hronek's had his head down the whole time, and POS went straight to his head and didn't let up at all. Someone on our team needed to go after Reeves regardless if they were going to lose a fight.

This is also two dud games in a row by our team. Creating nothing offensively at all.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Of course everybody has to get injured..

Larkin... now Hronek.

Perron and Kubalik next ?

This is not fun. We can't do any miracles with one NHL line and rest being AHL guys.

Hronek head down or not, that Piece of Shit Reeves had every intention of trying to hurt there. He has done shit like this his whole career, and he had plenty of time not to hit Hronek there as Hronek's had his head down the whole time, and POS went straight to his head and didn't let up at all. Someone on our team needed to go after Reeves regardless if they were going to lose a fight.

At Finnish league with European rules, that would have been 5 minute major + game misconduct, cause of a clear contract on the head.

Probably suspension too.

Even if it's looks kind of clean, but if the contact (shoulder on the head) is on the head, it's a headshot. Only clean hits at European standards are what you can target on the chest.

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
Well. We cannot compete and be in the games without Larkin. We can do that without Hronek/Bertuzzi/Vrana/ etc., but that guy is our main piece.

it was somewhat difficult to hear so much of the criticism he has got here after that pass in OT versus Dallas.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
2 scheduled losses were expected, but losing Larkin and then Hronek really hurts.

I don't like how this coach manages the goalies nor the games.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
This team was not a playoff team even with a healthy lineup, the easy early schedule made them seem better than they are.
We were 3rd in division, 5th in conference, 8th in the league.
On TNT after “would you trade Dylan Larkin for Bo Horvat”. The four panel guys all like got shut up by the question
What does it mean?
Of course everybody has to get injured..

Larkin... now Hronek.

Perron and Kubalik next ?

This is not fun. We can't do any miracles with one NHL line and rest being AHL guys.

At Finnish league with European rules, that would have been 5 minute major + game misconduct, cause of a clear contract on the head.

Probably suspension too.

Even if it's looks kind of clean, but if the contact (shoulder on the head) is on the head, it's a headshot. Only clean hits at European standards are what you can target on the chest.
Kubalik, and Raymond, can be out of the lineup and nobody would even notice it. I believe they have gone 25 games without a goal combined.
They cant e even score or get a scoring chance on the PP.

Reactions: Snuggs

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Copp had an extremely bad night, and I'm one preaching patience with him, mostly because he didn't get a good offseason but man.

Last night was hard to watch/defend him. I didn't expect huge point totals, 40-60 points maybe a year, but the face-offs was a huge, huge disappointment last night. Which is imo a big reason why he was brought in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad