GDT: Wild vs. Predators - 7:00 PM CT / 3:00 AM Finland - NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
After watching Stalock play a handful of games, Dubnyk looks like the slowest goaltender I've ever seen. Night and day contrast between those two.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Rinne can't seem to read the shots from Granny at all tonight.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Doesn't always feel like it, but Dubnyk actually has better stats than Stalock this year. They're almost identical though.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Doesn't always feel like it, but Dubnyk actually has better stats than Stalock this year. They're almost identical though.

They play such different styles. Stalock looks like he works a lot harder when he's in net.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I hear Weber for the Preds and I have to remind myself it's not the top pair Weber that was Suter's partner.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I hope the Wild didn't use up their allotted number of shots in the 1st period... :facepalm:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
USC vs Ohio State. I can't stand either team, but I root for the B1G in Bowl/Tourney games. So go Ohio State, I guess. :badidea:

HwT

Mar 9, 2017
Finland
They play such different styles. Stalock looks like he works a lot harder when he's in net.

Sometimes it really seems like 99 percent of Dubnyk's goaltending is about positioning his massive body and just making himself as big as possible. Not a complaint though, when you are 6'6" and 214 lbs that is the way you should play.

On a somewhat related note, is there some evidence that a larger goaltender causes the other team to miss the net more (attempting to avoid the center mass)?

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
On a somewhat related note, is there some evidence that a larger goaltender causes the other team to miss the net more (attempting to avoid the center mass)?
Interesting thought. I wonder if any type of analysis has been done on something like this.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Sometimes it really seems like 99 percent of Dubnyk's goaltending is about positioning his massive body and just making himself as big as possible. Not a complaint though, when you are 6'6" and 214 lbs that is the way you should play.

Dub is boring, Stalock is entertaining, both have been effective this year. Kind of like Suter/Brodin and Spurgeon/Dumba as d-men.

All I know is I like this year's goalie combo better than any time in recent memory.

Reactions: FVM

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Dumba (or if it hit off Staal?)! He's playing much better than he was early in the year! This is the best the team has played all year maybe.

Edit: Oh yeah, probably goalie interference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad