Pre-Game Talk: Wild vs Jets - Mar 19 4:00 CDT (11pm Finland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
They have maybe been given free crap upon showing up. Finns love free crap. Like buckets and stuff.

False. They like "mystery buckets", the mystery is wether there's crap or something next to crap inside the buckets. That'll get Finns to stand in line for hours.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
False. They like "mystery buckets", the mystery is wether there's crap or something next to crap inside the buckets. That'll get Finns to stand in line for hours.

That's what got it initially started but nowadays it's just "buckets" in the ads and that's probably exactly what you get.

Two years back on April 1st my town's libraries announced there was a complementary bucket for everyone who came to loan a bucketful of books. You laughed, until you saw the actual buckets waiting there when you happened to visit there.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Maurice said he was gonna play Strait with that old guy Morrissey.

Melchiori Buff
Morrissey Strait
Stu Chiarot

He also said Trouba is out because of swelling

They say if it lasts more than 4 hours you should see a Dr.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :naughty:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
For this season, I'm not sure that they "avoided" fixing areas, but the only way to fix the D (with a top-4 D) would have been to trade picks and prospects (unless you trade Little or Wheeler), and then you lose a top-end D in the expansion draft anyway.

Fixing goaltending would have been either to shell out assets to get a one-year solution (like Bishop), or bringing in a multi-year solution (like Andersen) that you would likely lose in the expansion draft. Halak might have been an option, but what do you do with him next season if you don't see him as a long-term solution? Do you wait until his contract is done to fix it two years from now? They wanted to see what Hellebuyck could do this year, and I would bet that they expected and hoped that he would be more consistent. The results make things complicated.

Halak was available for 0 assets. He only has 1 more year under contract. 4.5 mil cap hit, 5 mil salary. If he rebounded, which his play in the A says was likely he would have been good value. If not then the risk is not that great in the big picture.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Win this game and and theres still a chance (super slim).

There's like 0,5% chance that Jets can make it to the play-offs
heres how it can happen:

- Kings can't get more than 5 points from their last 12 games.

- Both Nashville and St.Louis have 81 points,so if either of
these teams crash and burn and finish the season with 0-11 record
and Jets finish with 11 wins (9 ROW's,5 if the team is NSH).

Jets 81 points,Nashville 81 points,Kings 80 points
Jets get the wild card,tie breaker; more ROW's.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Welp. 4 game losing streak for the Wild. They played a pretty intensive and fast paced game last night, so i'm hoping Kuemper starts in the net and they play tired. We're going to need them to suck pretty badly in order to succeed with the D we have.

Then again, i don't really give a ****, as long as Laine scores.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Halak was available for 0 assets. He only has 1 more year under contract. 4.5 mil cap hit, 5 mil salary. If he rebounded, which his play in the A says was likely he would have been good value. If not then the risk is not that great in the big picture.

Meh, I could be persuaded on Halak. But if the Jets are going hunting for a goalie after the expansion draft anyway, Halak's contract next year just complicates things and ties up salary. Besides, Halak will still be available after the expansion draft if they want him for next season. I'm not sure that getting him for the latter half of this season would have been that crucial in the overall scheme of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad