Pre-Game Talk: Wild vs Jets Feb 10 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Time to put together a winning streak.

The Wild have been getting NHL calibre goaltending lately so the Jets need to be create better chances than they have been against them.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Dubnyk looks to start tonight against the Nicks, so Kuemper is the likely starter tomorrow night. Lucky us. Guess Yeo is banking on the surer 2 points vs leaving his better goalie for tomorrow and having a fresher team pummel his goalie on a B2B.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Good to hear that Lowry is practicing. Sad how much we need him right now to help out the 3rd line.

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
Dubnyk looks to start tonight against the Nicks, so Kuemper is the likely starter tomorrow night. Lucky us. Guess Yeo is banking on the surer 2 points vs leaving his better goalie for tomorrow and having a fresher team pummel his goalie on a B2B.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dubnyk plays both games

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Never thought in a million years I would say this, but I hope we don't get Dubnyk.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@WiebeSunSports: #NHLJets F Adam Lowry said he was feeling better on Monday after missing Sun game with the flu, hopes to play vs #mnwild on Tue

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
Dubnyk has to be primed for regression, doesn't he?

There can't actually be anything to this nonsense about a goalie improving with better defensive structure, could there? :sarcasm:

Sure as hell didn't help our goalie!

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

There can't actually be anything to this nonsense about a goalie improving with better defensive structure, could there? :sarcasm:

Dubnyk was a .920 with Oilers in 2012-13. I think we all remember that team with their blueline full of Norris candidates and future HOFers like Ladislav Smid and Ryan Whitney. I imagine it was like having 6 Jay Harrisons! And let's not forget the 1-2 shut-down two-way centre punch of RNH and Sam Gagner! I'm not even going to dignify the preceding with a sarcasm smiley...

Anyway, if Dubnyk can put up a .920 behind that ****-pile Oilers team, maybe he IS a .948 behind the Wild...?

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO

Kuemper and Backstrom sure did great under that same defensive structure this season. :sarcasm:

Dubnyk is not a bad goalie.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Kuemper and Backstrom sure did great under that same defensive structure this season. :sarcasm:

Dubnyk is not a bad goalie.

Well, he's a career .911 goalie so let's not get carried away. He's a bit up and down historically.

I think we might see him Tuesday, Yeo might just keep riding the hot goalie in a big game. Also, Kuemper was less than impressive in his last conditioning start in Iowa, a couple of softies and just didn't look good at all in a 5-1 loss to the baby Laffs.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Side note: Is Buff more chatty and friendly with the officials the past few games or has he always been this way. Lately they show him yukking it up the ref/linesman and both of them laughing, quite a few times per game.

He seems to have a really good relationship with them.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014

Catch the Canucks, SJ, Flames, Kings. Or catch the Jets. Which would be easier? If you play the Jets twice that's 8 points if you win. You can't prevent the Pacific teams from claiming points when they play each other. Maybe the Wild have no choice because they are b2b this time and will be less than rested tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad