GDT: Wild vs Jets 7:00 CT [tank talk --> tank thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
Winnipeg's a broken city. it pretty much discouraged people from living downtown. no condos or residential anywhere near the arena.

they're trying to change it. will be another 10-20 years before it changes. Wpggers are programmed to want a large house (covered with stucco) in the suburbs

The perceived danger of violence and gangs downtown, discourages people of living downtown. Unless things have changed since I moved. But I doubt that. You could build condos or re purpose commercial buildings but the area needs rebranding and past attempts have failed.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Winnipeg's a broken city. it pretty much discouraged people from living downtown. no condos or residential anywhere near the arena.

they're trying to change it. will be another 10-20 years before it changes. Wpggers are programmed to want a large house (covered with stucco) in the suburbs

I just went to give my dog some fresh water because she dropped kibble in it and my tap starts pouring out brown water. Thanks Winnipeg :(

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
The perceived danger of violence and gangs downtown, discourages people of living downtown. Unless things have changed since I moved. But I doubt that. You could build condos or re purpose commercial buildings but the area needs rebranding and past attempts have failed.

It's changing alot. The condos in the same square as the Alt hotel will be finished soon. True north square is under construction and a 40ish story condo project on portage & main looks ready to go soon. Not sure about the other Graham street project. If that one goes there will be more than 1000 living units added in the coming years.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Well, that's interesting. I wonder where it was I was staying when I rented an apartment / condo in a new devleopment 1 block from the MTS Centre last year for business purposes?

...or the waterfront condo development, etc, etc.

It's not great, and suburbia still rules, but I see some change on the horizon in the short term.

Now, regarding this game: entertain me, dammit! Go Jerts! Go rookies!

Was it the Avenue on Portage basically across from the MTSC on Portage next block down?

http://www.theavenueonportage.com/

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Just flew in from Toronto and Brendan Lemieux was on my flight. Hope he's getting some time with the Jets!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Just flew in from Toronto and Brendan Lemieux was on my flight. Hope he's getting some time with the Jets!

Tell me he didn't get kicked off the flight for elbowing anyone :naughty:

:sarcasm:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

Prospect assimilation......maybe they bring him to Cali? Or more likely to the Moose I would guess

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Its the shops in our underground tunnels that are closed on weekends. We have tunnels that run from the Fairmont where teams stay all the way down Portage to MTS Centre. Everything above ground is opened.

Not on a Sunday. Everything downtown is generally closed up until 3pm. Earls Downtown is often the only lunch choice available.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I hope they win this one in regulation to really sink Minny's hopes. The only thing that would make this season ok is if we win the lottery and Minny finishes 9th.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
If the 3 apartments and condos get built on Graham then that should really get the ball rolling. I've lived downtown for a long time and things are finally happening.
Only bad part is the rents have tripled or would have if not for rent control.

Quick question but what does rent go for in a city like Winnipeg?

Looks like I'll catch at least the first period. Took a nap and now I'm wide awake.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I hope they win this one in regulation to really sink Minny's hopes. The only thing that would make this season ok is if we win the lottery and Minny finishes 9th.

Wild have already pretty much clinched their spot. Wanting the Jets to win to ruin Wild's hopes is like cutting off your nose to spite your face

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
Don't mean to hijack this thread but just caught the pre game national anthems and the woman who sang has to rank amongst the best I've heard in 40 years of watching hockey. Simple is best, just beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad