GDT: Wild vs Jets 7:00 CT [tank talk --> tank thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Heck, those restaurants close by 3pm on weekdays...
Actually they are open 6 am to 6 pm during the week , all the big city's have stores in their downtown that are closed on weekends not just Winnipeg .

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Man are Oiler fans pissed after last night's game against Calgary , i can barely stand dealing with this season and we made the playoffs last season ! I can't imagine going through 10 years of this .

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
It's the Wild's 3rd game in 4 nights ... could be an easy win for the Jets with an average goalie.
It's a shame the Jets had a down year ... this year's ending schedule was very favourable even the west coast trip to end the season has a day off between games.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Pav's last ever start at the MTS Centre?
Tanev debut in Anaheim?

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Worthy of a standing O? Give him a good send off.

Problem with that is Chevy would see it and think everyone loves Pavelec, I need to extend him ASAP.

not if we all turn around and moon him while we're giving the standing O.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Seriously? Why is that? Seems weird.

Winnipeg's a broken city. it pretty much discouraged people from living downtown. no condos or residential anywhere near the arena.

they're trying to change it. will be another 10-20 years before it changes. Wpggers are programmed to want a large house (covered with stucco) in the suburbs

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
A close Wild win or a Wild blow-out. Not sure. This whole season in Winnipeg is ending badly. Freaking snow.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Andrew-Copp-at-practice-300x200.jpg

Post-skate audio: Wheeler & Lowry.

To listen click here.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-post-prac-in-Jan-300x186.png

Coach Maurice pre-game scrum topics: Lineup changes? Thoughts on Paul Postma? How did he handle the mental struggle? What was his reaction to the Stamkos news? Going back to last game what did he like about the Lowry line? Thoughts on a desperate Minnesota team?

To listen click here.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Winnipeg's a broken city. it pretty much discouraged people from living downtown. no condos or residential anywhere near the arena.

they're trying to change it. will be another 10-20 years before it changes. Wpggers are programmed to want a large house (covered with stucco) in the suburbs

Disagree. East and West Exchange have reached critical mass and plenty of downtown development, residential and otherwise underway and coming. Plenty of young and old looking for a more contemporary urban lifestyle and opting to be downtown rather than Sage Beach Phase X. Not MTL or TOR yet but at last trending in the right direction (and I'm a Londoner!).

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
If the 3 apartments and condos get built on Graham then that should really get the ball rolling. I've lived downtown for a long time and things are finally happening.
Only bad part is the rents have tripled or would have if not for rent control.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I was under the impression it was Pavs, Hutch, Pavs, Hutch, Pavs, Hutch. Must be making him work for his pay grade.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

Kind of OT but I don't totally agree with this statement. I've lived DT for a few years now and I see the change.

I do agree we have a ways to go... I'd say it's closer to the 10 than the 20.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

Well, that's interesting. I wonder where it was I was staying when I rented an apartment / condo in a new devleopment 1 block from the MTS Centre last year for business purposes?

...or the waterfront condo development, etc, etc.

It's not great, and suburbia still rules, but I see some change on the horizon in the short term.

Now, regarding this game: entertain me, dammit! Go Jerts! Go rookies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad