GDT: Wild vs. Avs | 7 PM | Nov 30 | Oh No, We're Good Again?

mkoivu9*

Something I had never noticed with Varly in prior years...after every shot, and before the shootout, when PAP was shooting, Varly was on the bench. I'm wondering if he was watching video or something. I've never seen anyone do that.

Wild broadcast caught that too. Never have seen that either. I can't think of anything other than he was gassed? He got a lot of work the last 45 minutes.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Something I had never noticed with Varly in prior years...after every shot, and before the shootout, when PAP was shooting, Varly was on the bench. I'm wondering if he was watching video or something. I've never seen anyone do that.

McNab got all excited and said Varly is heading to the bench right after the stop on Koivu so at first I thought he got hurt. Scared me for a second.

Was he near Giguere on the bench? Maybe getting some pointers on the shooters?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
452694489_slide.jpg

failedsaucerpass

Dec 4, 2007
Lastly, honest question, is PA Parenteau capable of cleanly receiving a pass? Everytime someone passes to him, he manages to bobble the puck and proceeds to lose it.

I blame it on the white tape on his blade. Switch to black and he voilà god like hands.

SlowSkates

Jun 9, 2010
I agree.

But this is where the teams that win show up. When you have the lead, keep going.

It makes for a lot of fan nail biting, but it does seem to be working.

Hawks looked the same way last year (and this year to some extent too), so while I don't like the stress (just like I don't like prevent defenses in football Americano), I'm not sure it's a bad thing.

Adama0905

Dec 25, 2007
Boulder, CO
McNab got all excited and said Varly is heading to the bench right after the stop on Koivu so at first I thought he got hurt. Scared me for a second.

Was he near Giguere on the bench? Maybe getting some pointers on the shooters?

Probably getting pointers from the entire bench on the next shooter.

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013
That new avs pregame video, pretty bad ass. Good game, although I wish we'd keep bringing it when we go up by two.

Edit. By good game I mean we won. Not thrilled with the level of play of most of the team. We keep winning games we shouldnt really be winning. For more reasons then just having the weaker team.

Last edited:

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013
I'm willing to say Duchene isn't 100% and shouldn't be back yet.

I'm going to agree here strictly from just knowing a bit about oblique injuries. Even a minor oblique injury, two weeks is an awful speedy recovery time. I feel like he's not 100% out there and it could lead to a worse situation down the road.

I think I remember reading an article about how the practice before the wilds game he was skating with "little pain"?

Should have 0 pain, especially with an oblique injury.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Thing I've noticed since Dutch came back is he is not as strong on his skates with the puck nor as physical along the boards. It has really limited what he can do to keep possession until a linemate comes open. Hopefully this break will let him finish healing up.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Oh, good grief people. Have a sense of humor. No, it's a joke by me, and I already said I'm never sharing stuff here again.

Just out of curiosity, in your opinion, do you think he should take less than $6M on a long term deal?

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Just out of curiosity, in your opinion, do you think he should take less than $6M on a long term deal?

ROR has 35 goals and 59 assist since the start of 11/12 season. He has played 135 games. If I have done my math correctetly. That would put him on pace for 21,2 goals per season and 35,8 assists. Even if he is a hell of a two way player. You can't demand anything close to $6.0M if you are a 55-60 points per season player. If he demands those kind of numbers, he thinks too much of himself again.

foppagirl21

Jan 16, 2011
Denver, CO
ROR has 35 goals and 59 assist since the start of 11/12 season. He has played 135 games. If I have done my math correctetly. That would put him on pace for 21,2 goals per season and 35,8 assists. Even if he is a hell of a two way player. You can't demand anything close to $6.0M if you are a 55-60 points per season player. If he demands those kind of numbers, he thinks too much of himself again.

With the two way game he is able to play (and how clutch he is in critical junctures of the game), he... and I cannot believe I am saying this... deserves it.

As sour of a taste his holdout left in my mouth, I am back to loving that guy. Pay him what he wants.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
With the two way game he is able to play (and how clutch he is in critical junctures of the game), he... and I cannot believe I am saying this... deserves it.

As sour of a taste his holdout left in my mouth, I am back to loving that guy. Pay him what he wants.

He should get paid. But more in the Landeskog category than in the Duchene one.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Based on the market, I think $5.5M/yr is reasonable now.

I thought $5M/yr was ridiculous when he was holding out and would've traded him if he was asking for that much but not anymore. He's too important.

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
Giving up a lead in the last 5 seconds sucks. But I'm glad they pulled out 2 points after all :yo:

And for those saying that GDTs seem quiet lately, I can only speak for myself, but recently I've only been posting before, after, or during breaks in the game. I don't want to miss any of the game! This team is vastly improved from the last few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad