GDT: Wild vs Avs 7:30 cst (NBCSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Am I going crazy or are Rau and Parise out there for the final push?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Well at least Fiala should be well rested for the next game. Although he'll probably be put on the 4th line or something with no PP time.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
This team sure works hard. Don’t understand this Evason guy, though. Hopefully when we get the rest of the peices in place, he’ll be gone.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
This Colorado team is ridiculously overrated. I know MacKinnon is one of the best players in the world, but without him the Avs are not even a decent team.

They are missing half their regular d-corps too.

I think their 4th line was AHL players too.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
They are missing half their regular d-corps too.

I think their 4th line was AHL players too.
They were missing Devon Toews. He's a solid defenseman but certainly not a difference maker. All of their other injuries are to replacement level players

Wabit

May 23, 2016
They were missing Devon Toews. He's a solid defenseman but certainly not a difference maker. All of their other injuries are to replacement level players

EJ is a lot more than a replacement quality player.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
JEE 17% in the FO dot tonight. On the nights he's off he's really off.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
MN is looking at having their entire d-corps being LHS next game.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
This team sure works hard. Don’t understand this Evason guy, though. Hopefully when we get the rest of the peices in place, he’ll be gone.
He's been handed a team with no top 6 C's, and tonight he is having to play 3 AHL'ers, and two guys who should be in the AHL in Bjugstad and Rask. He is also missing two of his top 4 Dmen, one of his top 2 forwards in Fiala, and three more middle six forwards, Foligno, Johansson, and Zuccarello. On top of that, his goalie let in a soft goal.

Hard to coach your way out of that, though I'll grant you that his, "isolate Kaprizov from the few remaining good forwards at any cost" strategy is puzzling.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Would you rather Brad Hunt at wing or Brad Hunt play RHS on D? Either way, I'll end up puking.

Suter, Brodin, Soucy, Cole, and Hunt are all LHS; as are the other 2 d-men on the taxi squad. Belpedio and Addison are the only other RHS d-men on the 50 man roster.

Ryan Hartman is now the best (healthy) RHS player on the team.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
He's been handed a team with no top 6 C's, and tonight he is having to play 3 AHL'ers, and two guys who should be in the AHL in Bjugstad and Rask. He is also missing two of his top 4 Dmen, one of his top 2 forwards in Fiala, and three more middle six forwards, Foligno, Johansson, and Zuccarello. On top of that, his goalie let in a soft goal.

Hard to coach your way out of that, though I'll grant you that his, "isolate Kaprizov from the few remaining good forwards at any cost" strategy is puzzling.
He is putting Mayhew and hunt on the pp over greenway. He let Bonino and bjugstad play pp over greenway. I mean... I feel a little for the guy but if he isn’t the one picking who is on the pp then whoever is needs to get fired.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He is putting Mayhew and hunt on the pp over greenway. He let Bonino and bjugstad play pp over greenway. I mean... I feel a little for the guy but if he isn’t the one picking who is on the pp then whoever is needs to get fired.
Greenway doesn't play Hunt's position on the PP...not even close. Mayhew is a RHS, and has a rep as a sniper. I am fine with him getting a bit of time to see if can morph into a NHL player. Bjugstad and Bonino are C's, not LW's.

Point is, none of this matters with the hand that Evason has been dealt by Guerin. This team is flawed even when healthy. When there are injuries to key players it is deeply flawed.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Greenway doesn't play Hunt's position on the PP...not even close. Mayhew is a RHS, and has a rep as a sniper. I am fine with him getting a bit of time to see if can morph into a NHL player. Bjugstad and Bonino are C's, not LW's.

Point is, none of this matters with the hand that Evason has been dealt by Guerin. This team is flawed even when healthy. When there are injuries to key players it is deeply flawed.
And the point in making is that none of those four even deserve pp time over greenway. Forget what position they play or setup on the pp, his ability to play net front and actually work down low is more important the what bjugstad has brought, what Mayhew has shown at all at the nhl level as he is unproven outside the ahl. Bonino is for faceoffs and I can understand that a bit. Hunt just had a hard shot. That’s all he does well. We could easily build pp around Fiala greenway and Kap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad