Michael Russo: Wild trade Chay Genoway to Washington for 2014 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
I like freeing up more contract spots. Fletcher gets another 7th round pick to find the next Haula/Graovac. :handclap:

If wild get a pick out of this deal i'll be surprised, its more for the sake of trading a guy then its for a pick. If Fletcher wanted a 7th badly it be somebody else he traded.

Kinda like that Nystrom deal... its just to ship a guy off

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
Look I like Schmidt's game but it's funny that we're championing signing him in a thread where the Schmidt of 2 years ago got traded for a 7th round pick next year. Possibly.

Billy Mays Here*

Meh, whatever. Hoping to see a bigger trade soon though.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
10 D in Houston right now..not sure Genoway is the one I would have moved but maybe the only one that made sense to Fletcher to be moved.

I liked Genoway but agree he wasn't going to play on the Wild this year or next year..one interesting thing to note is that he is on a 1 way deal next season. Maybe that factors into it.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Well, good luck to him. It's pretty clear he wasn't going to get his chance with the Wild as the defense is becoming solidified. Although I hate to just let a PPG player in the NHL walk for almost nothing. :sarcasm:

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
Notable 7th round picks for the Wild - lucky 7, goes across regimes:

2000 - Sekeras in the 8th :)
2001 - Boogaard
2004 - Khodubin
2007 - McMillan
2009 - Haula
2011 - Graovac

No so shabby that.