Speculation: Wild to obtain a Dman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Dumba will not get a sniff in the NHL anytime in the next 4 years unless the WILD'S entire D-Man corps die of dysentary.

Dumba will debut before the 2017 season. I will bet my avatar on it.

In fact, if he doesn't get a big, heaping whiff of the NHL by the 2015/2016 season, you can choose my avy.

#boldbets

Billy Mays Here*

Dumba will not get a sniff in the NHL anytime in the next 4 years unless the WILD'S entire D-Man corps die of dysentary.

Try 2 years from now actually. Maybe even some during the 2013-2014 season. I'm still not sold on Scandella either so even Brodin may see some action yet this year.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
How much would it cost to have the Geek Squad come and pick up Processor?

Send him to Houston ASAP.

We need to calm down on him. Honestly, I reserve my final judgement on him until I actually see how he plays. If he sucks, well, send him to Houston or trade him for whatever his value is. But I've got a feeling that he might just get it together.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Try 2 years from now actually. Maybe even some during the 2013-2014 season. I'm still not sold on Scandella either so even Brodin may see some action yet this year.

Well coach Yeo seems to be based on his ice time last season when he was healthy.. so I'd say its safe to say Scandella is a mainstay on this blue line for many years..

Billy Mays Here*

Well coach Yeo seems to be based on his ice time last season when he was healthy.. so I'd say its safe to say Scandella is a mainstay on this blue line for many years..

That depends on if he shows improvement or not. Assuming Suter stays healthy, Scandella at least won't have to play against the opposing teams' top lines all game long so I would assume we'll see him put up some slightly better numbers, or at least I hope he does. Either way I see Brodin overtaking him next year anyway and bumping him down to the third pairing. I use to have Dumba as our future 1st pairing d-man alongside Suter, but now I'm not quite sure about him so I see our future defense looking something like this:

Suter - ?
Brodin - Gilbert
Scandella - Spurgeon
Stoner/Falk

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali

Really? C'mon. No way its 4 years. He is fighting Prosser and Falk for godsake, I give him decent odds to make the team this season. If not he should be here in less than 3 years.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Really? C'mon. No way its 4 years. He is fighting Prosser and Falk for godsake, I give him decent odds to make the team this season. If not he should be here in less than 3 years.
Falk is actually a decent Dman. He's just inconsistent like most Dmen under 25.

Suter
Gilbert
Spurgeon
Scandella
Brodin
Stoner
Falk
Kampfer
Connelly
Prosser

Are all in front of Dumba

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Suter
Gilbert
Spurgeon
Scandella
Brodin
Stoner
Falk
Kampfer
Connelly
Prosser

Right now. You better believe he'll get every opportunity to move up that list. Same way Zucker and Coyle have passed by the Rau's and the MacMillan's and the Fontaine's.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota

Kampfer
Connelly
Prosser

I don't think your right. If that was the case we don't bring Dumba to camp at all. We bring Connelly or Kampfer up and let them start in the NHL.

Also the fact we bring in Dumba to challenge Falk/Prosser leads me to believe our confidence in those two as NHL defenseman is waining.

Its just too bad Brodin gets hurt in Houston or he makes this team and Prosser/Falk get to take turns hanging out with Russo in the press box.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
I don't think your right. If that was the case we don't bring Dumba to camp at all. We bring Connelly or Kampfer up and let them start in the NHL.

Also the fact we bring in Dumba to challenge Falk/Prosser leads me to believe our confidence in those two as NHL defenseman is waining.

Its just too bad Brodin gets hurt in Houston or he makes this team and Prosser/Falk get to take turns hanging out with Russo in the press box.

This isn't DR they didn't bring in Dumba to challenge for 3rd pairing they brought him in to give him some guidance and a chance to get a top 4 role even tho that chance is slim.

Even if he beats out Falk or I3-2130 for the spot, they won't put him 3rd pairing.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Dumba may get a few games in the NHL this season. But he's still years away from being a full-time NHLer, even if he makes it.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I still think D. Gunnarsson is more NHL-ready than Dumba. He is posting better numbers than Brodin in SEL, and he's supposed to be a defensive D-man. We saw him at the camp and he looked frankly excellent.

If we don't bring him at least to Houston after the summer, I'll be really surprised.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
I still think D. Gunnarsson is more NHL-ready than Dumba. He is posting better numbers than Brodin in SEL, and he's supposed to be a defensive D-man. We saw him at the camp and he looked frankly excellent.

If we don't bring him at least to Houston after the summer, I'll be really surprised.

I hope he is signed and brought over in the offseason. However, his stride/posture still worries me from prospect camp, though. I am no skating expert but the way he skated in camp (straight up, leaning back) made it seem like he is easily knocked down. His hands and puck movement were great, though.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
I hope he is signed and brought over in the offseason. However, his stride/posture still worries me from prospect camp, though. I am no skating expert but the way he skated in camp (straight up, leaning back) made it seem like he is easily knocked down. His hands and puck movement were great, though.

His skating posture is really the only thing I remember about him from prospect camp. That and the end-to-end rush he made to set up a goal.

LordFletcher

Jun 18, 2012
Tonka-Wayzata, MN
Why are people panicking over Dumba? The kid has amazing talent, we are talking about a kid who is what....19?

It's equally crazy to think Dumba will be a bust as it is to peg Trouba as the next God of Defensemen.

Settle down folks, neither has played 1 game in the NHL and I will wait the appropriate 3 years after their draft to make any guesses.... that said, Trouba does look great LOL ;) and I still love Dumba (potential BAMF). He is raw, that is why he wasn't the first or second defender taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad