Speculation: Wild to obtain a Dman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Well that much is obvious. I can't see him ready for a couple of years. Don't want to rush him. But if they need a guy to fill in a spot for a handful of games, I could see them testing the kid out. It'd allow them to measure his progress and have some instructional meetings with him. Plus, playing in a couple of games could provide a huge spark of motivation that may help push him a bit when he goes back to juniors.

This.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
If anything, Dumbas just being in camp can boost his confidence some. Being around one of the best defensmen in the league for a little bit cant hurt

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Guys, there is a difference between a 9 game tryout with going back to junior and throwing the kid in the NHL permanent ala Sheppard or Gillies.

651*

Jarick asked about Dumba in the Prospects forum. I think this response shed some light on Dumba's numbers.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=57092829&postcount=335

I'd rather see Dumba get more playing time at a lower level.

So basically he theorizes the NHL will soon be wearing pink much like the NFL does with new watered down, wussified rules that, IMO, will make the game SO much LESS exciting. Great.

One of the things I loved about hockey both when playing and simply as a spectator - the thing I find is beautiful - is the HUGE open ice hits like Dumba throws in his prospect vid on Youtube.

It's one thing to ban fighting, but seriously to ban legitimate hits (ala Scott Stephens on Lindros) is unfreakingbelievable. I don't know how many of you guys saw the state tournament games last year of Hill Murray (they had several DI players) but 'twas a thing of pure beauty the hits I saw in some of their games.

But, political correctness has taken hold like a cancer in this country and I wouldn't be surprised if the "stop" signs are the new logo for EVERY team on the country - mites to pros - so that we god forbid see no one get flattened ever again.

For shame.,,:rant:

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
So basically he theorizes the NHL will soon be wearing pink much like the NFL does with new watered down, wussified rules that, IMO, will make the game SO much LESS exciting. Great.

One of the things I loved about hockey both when playing and simply as a spectator - the thing I find is beautiful - is the HUGE open ice hits like Dumba throws in his prospect vid on Youtube.

It's one thing to ban fighting, but seriously to ban legitimate hits (ala Scott Stephens on Lindros) is unfreakingbelievable. I don't know how many of you guys saw the state tournament games last year of Hill Murray (they had several DI players) but 'twas a thing of pure beauty the hits I saw in some of their games.

But, political correctness has taken hold like a cancer in this country and I wouldn't be surprised if the "stop" signs are the new logo for EVERY team on the country - mites to pros - so that we god forbid see no one get flattened ever again.

Unfortunately I think the human body is reaching its physical limits when it comes to concussions. There have always been big hitters, but there used to be some natural "give" in the hitting players. Now, 19 year olds have more muscle mass than 30 year old vets did even just 15-20 years ago.

However, now that I say that, I am not sure "big hits" are the problem in concussions. I almost see more concussions from a well placed shoulder or elbow to the heads, which you could maybe limit through cracking down on hits to the head.

But there isn't going to be a good solution.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011

Oh you!

Pretty sure he's just talking about WHL rules getting more strict. It's true that the NHL is cracking down on illegal hits, but I don't think we have to worry about hitting in pro leagues.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
But don't even get me started on "political correctness".

The know-it-alls that we all hated in grade school now run everything.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I think it's a good thing for Dumba to get the invite.

His confidence took a hit with the WJC cut and he's had his struggles this year. This could be a nice "keep your head up" from the Wild. They'd also get a chance to see how he's coming along.

There's no harm in even giving him a couple games to get a taste if they need a body. I don't expect him to even get to nine games though, probably just training camp and maybe a game or two.

Pretty much same thing they did with Bulmer...a nice attaboy, some looks at the NHL, now go dominate.

Curious to see if he gets traded today though.

651*

The Jablonski thing was just out of control. I got sick of it after a while. It was like, I remember two kids that got paralyzed when I was growing up (one by Mr. Hockey who was just two years older than me playing for the Governors in Pee-Wee. They forced him to move to Bantams after that he was such a dominant player).

But PC has run amok.

Unfortunately I think the human body is reaching its physical limits when it comes to concussions. There have always been big hitters, but there used to be some natural "give" in the hitting players. Now, 19 year olds have more muscle mass than 30 year old vets did even just 15-20 years ago.

However, now that I say that, I am not sure "big hits" are the problem in concussions. I almost see more concussions from a well placed shoulder or elbow to the heads, which you could maybe limit through cracking down on hits to the head.

But there isn't going to be a good solution.
No, there isn't. I do though see the political correctness starting to take grips EVERYWHERE in society. That said, please ban the fighting before you ban the hits. Please, for God's sake.

But don't even get me started on "political correctness".

The know-it-alls that we all hated in grade school now run everything.

Ha, that's true. The wishy washy ones who never threw a ball or took or threw a hit in their lives. :shakehead

Grover

Jul 8, 2012
Minnesota
What's the deal with Kampfer? I never really hear him mentioned. Is he a life long AHLer or will we ever see him possibly make the team.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Fel read my mind.

Also, is the "Wild to obtain Dman" mystery solved now that we have Paul Mara? ;)

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
The thing is the Wild would need to dump Prosser somewhere if we want to see him in Minnesota. (Except, you know, injuries might bring him there as well...)

Also, Prosser would actually be useful in Houston right now and I doubt any team would claim him on waivers if GMCF decided to do it. If he doesn't clear, that'd be a good news since that clears 1 contract spot.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Maybe they will battle it out at camp. I don't see why our third pairing should be set at Falk-Prosser. I'm not a fan of either especially Big Justin Falk.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
I think Falk steps up this year. The Year of Good Falk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad