Speculation: Wild to obtain a Dman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
So is Petteri Nummelin. Granted, he made a 3-year deal with Rauman Lukko, but I suppose he has an NHL clause in there somewhere.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I just don't see the need to make a move considering Brodin is expected to be ready for contact within 2 weeks. Why make a move when the problem is likely to solve itself within a week of the season?

Billy Mays Here*

Why are people panicking over Dumba? The kid has amazing talent, we are talking about a kid who is what....19?

Apparently we're so use to the new Wild regime's solid drafting that at the first sign of weakness we panic.

JawandaPuck

Lost Art of Dynasty
Apr 10, 2007
Vancouver BC
jawandapuck.blogspot.com
I think there's better options than Mara, although they're all likely more expensive options. If he's only a fill-in for a few games though until Scandella gets back, I guess I could live with it, although I wouldn't like it all that much.

If the Wild get a couple rounds into the playoffs, you'll want Paul Mara on your team for the shear intimidation level of his mara-velous beard...

Paul+Mara+beard.bmp

Billy Mays Here*

If the Wild get a couple rounds into the playoffs, you'll want Paul Mara on your team for the shear intimidation level of his mara-velous beard...

Paul+Mara+beard.bmp

My God. . . . . it's even more glorious than Shea Weber's playoff beard.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
I just don't see the need to make a move considering Brodin is expected to be ready for contact within 2 weeks. Why make a move when the problem is likely to solve itself within a week of the season?

I think you gotta factor a stint in Houston on top of the full recovery for Brodin. I don't think we'd throw him into the fire up at the NHL level fresh off of injury 8 games into his NA hockey career. VERY UNLIKELY IMO

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I think you gotta factor a stint in Houston on top of the full recovery for Brodin. I don't think we'd throw him into the fire up at the NHL level fresh off of injury 8 games into his NA hockey career. VERY UNLIKELY IMO

Scandella won't exactly be long to come back after Brodin... he could handle a week or so.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
While I know the NHL is a different beast altogether, I will say the Scandy-Brodin pairing was extremely dominant in the AHL. Scandy was at or over a PPG I believe. No one was really able to get around them, they broke out so easily, AND...wait for it...they actually got shots on the net because Brodin is so mobile!

It is too bad they got injured. I would have liked to see them as the third pairing.

651*

For now, Dumba has earned roster spot:

When the Wild brought 2012 first-round draft pick Matt Dumba to their abbreviated training camp, the 18-year-old figured he wouldn't be staying in Minnesota much longer than a week.

The defenseman had settled in for his second season of Canadian major junior hockey with the Red Deer Rebels, and when the Wild called Rebels coach Brent Sutter about bringing Dumba to camp, the initial plan was to take a brief look, give him a taste of the NHL and send him home.

Now it appears he will be the biggest surprise on the team's opening night roster.

The Wild made a handful of moves Thursday, Jan. 17, that effectively set their roster in advance of their season opener Saturday. Dumba was left standing as one of the seven defensemen, and coach Mike Yeo said "you should expect that" the seventh overall pick will be with the team when it faces the Colorado Avalanche on Saturday.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_22395306/minnesota-wild-top-pick-matt-dumba-apparently-makes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad