Michael Russo: Wild signing a number of players today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Postama, Ferraro, O'Reilly as AHL depth? Might be the most exciting free-agency ever.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Looks like Wild are in on Ryan Murphy too, always like the "former Junior star" designation Russo gave him.. anything with former is always so deflating.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Meh, we're looking for 6th/7th defensemen and Iowa filler.

Agreed, realize everything we see today will be meh on the Wild front.. just saying when you see that as a description of a guy, its always like a subtle shot.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Agreed, realize everything we see today will be meh on the Wild front.. just saying when you see that as a description of a guy, its always like a subtle shot.

You said it wad deflating though. That is what I disagreed with. Nothing really deflating about descriptions on that kind of potential signing, because there are no expectations that come with them in the first place.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota

Pretty sure I'd rather have Postma.

After getting traded just to be bought out, I'm guessing Murphy only gets a 2 way deal and probably starts the season in Iowa. I'd think we sign Postma as our 6th D and Murphy as RHD depth.

Also, I wanted Murphy over Brodin in the 2011 draft. Probably my biggest slice of humble pie in my time on HF :laugh:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
After getting traded just to be bought out, I'm guessing Murphy only gets a 2 way deal and probably starts the season in Iowa. I'd think we sign Postma as our 6th D and Murphy as RHD depth.

Also, I wanted Murphy over Brodin in the 2011 draft. Probably my biggest slice of humble pie in my time on HF :laugh:

Olofsson-Postma in Minnesota and Reilly-Murphy in Iowa sounds fine.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
You said it wad deflating though. That is what I disagreed with. Nothing really deflating about descriptions on that kind of potential signing, because there are no expectations that come with them in the first place.

I mean deflating from Ryan. Not from our perspective, or the signing in general. You put the word former in front of most words and its not good. I bet Ryan would rather have it say something about his recent play being good, than focusing on the only positive being former.

On a side note, we saw what getting away from the toxic culture in Carolina did for Staal so maybe Murphy can get back to his "former" ways.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I mean deflating from Ryan. Not from our perspective, or the signing in general. You put the word former in front of most words and its not good. I bet Ryan would rather have it say something about his recent play being good, than focusing on the only positive being former.

On a side note, we saw what getting away from the toxic culture in Carolina did for Staal so maybe Murphy can get back to his "former" ways.

Toxic culture? Nope.

Change of scenery? Sure.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Toxic culture? Nope.

Change of scenery? Sure.

I guess I would consider relocation and or the owner selling the team in the midst of everything sort of toxic. I guess it really depends on what the definition of toxic means to you.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Postma's pretty physical, right?

Doesn't sound like it, though he's certainly got some size.

Postma played in 65 games this season and was rarely noticed, which is good for any defenceman. Postma is not a big points producer nor is he physical, yet his usually smart play has made him a solid contributor to the Jets. At this point it is obvious that Postma is a solid 10-20 minutes a night defenceman who can move up in the lineup in a pinch.

Seems like his ideal place is on the bottom pairing with a skilled partner, which could well be Olofsson.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
I like going after Postma <$2m for 3rd RHD, Murphy as a 7th D/Iowa, and then Ferraro strictly as a Iowa/emergency callup, and finding a 4th C and honestly I'm thinking Desharnais would be great as a 4C if he's cheap enough (<$2m)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad