Confirmed with Link: Wild Sign Kaprizov to 2yr ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I am new to watching hockey actually. Just started 2 years ago and only started trying to understand and learn about it in greater detail this year. I haven't yet been able to figure out how someone is considered good vs great. Bad players are easier for me to spot though.
There are different ways in which different players are great.

Some have almost exclusively a great offensive game, maybe specifically their shot or their ability to make plays.

Some players are extremely gifted as defenders- this may be a little bit less obvious when you watch it. But you will start to see some of the little things great d do.

Goalies, well, most of it comes down to positioning. A great goalie these days has almost perfect positioning to where the puck is, and can anticipate to a high degree where it will go.

Good players are good at these things, but you'll see the difference in their games and on the stat sheet. Usually.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
33ED6C5B-78C5-4F32-B936-0D97B669D3CF.jpeg

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I am new to watching hockey actually. Just started 2 years ago and only started trying to understand and learn about it in greater detail this year. I haven't yet been able to figure out how someone is considered good vs great. Bad players are easier for me to spot though.
Welcome!

Be patient, it takes time to learn the nuances of the game. The more you watch, the more you'll pick up.

I know with the pandemic, getting to games may take a while, but I highly suggest trying to see the game live in person. So much more is typically going on than the camera can catch for the broadcast.

Reactions: Blue Ox

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Visa issue, they weren't able to get a work Visa in time, now they're focusing on a tourist Visa in Canada for the bubble instead.
That doesn't mean it's not wierd they were able to come over. Why were their Visa issues resolved, but KKs not.

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
Visa issue, they weren't able to get a work Visa in time, now they're focusing on a tourist Visa in Canada for the bubble instead.

Not true. Sorokin got his because he’s been on Long Island ever since he arrived on Tuesday. He didn’t go right to Toronto.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
At this point it seems very possible the Wild are eliminated before he makes it across the pond.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
At this point it seems very possible the Wild are eliminated before he makes it across the pond.
If he left today the wild would have to make it past the Canucks for him to even see his teammates face to face. The way Russo made it sound, when you lose, you pack up and leave ASAP.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
If he left today the wild would have to make it past the Canucks for him to even see his teammates face to face. The way Russo made it sound, when you lose, you pack up and leave ASAP.
didn't he write that they are working on getting the VISA that allows him to come to Minnesota right away so he doesn't have to sit in Edmonton and wait again assuming this scenario is in their head since they had to wait it out anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad