Confirmed with Link: Wild Sign Kaprizov to 2yr ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Actually , Parise is getting to the point where he will be attractive to a cash strapped team. His actual salary will be uber low in the last 3-4 years of his contract, and for all that he is aging, the back surgery seems to have been successful, allowing him to be an effective player. The Cap recapture penalty would mean nothing to the acquiring team, only us.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Actually , Parise is getting to the point where he will be attractive to a cash strapped team. His actual salary will be uber low in the last 3-4 years of his contract, and for all that he is aging, the back surgery seems to have been successful, allowing him to be an effective player. The Cap recapture penalty would mean nothing to the acquiring team, only us.
Getting to the point? As in two full seasons away? Give him to whoever will take him and hope you don't have to add too much to make it happen.

Reactions: MNNumbers

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Any word on the potential bonus overage situation for 2021-22? I haven't heard anything about that. Does he have any?
The NHL f***ed him on his bonuses as well. Max he can earn in bonuses is $925K according to Mikey

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Hopefully the new 3rds don't suck so I can add a Wild 97 to the collection.
Been thinking about the same. We're also waiting for the WC-jersey if the 3rd jersey is a total failure.

Aren't they postponing the 3rd because of the WC jersey?

If we win Lafreniere in a few weeks it's going to make it hard to decide whether I get Laf or Kap on the WC jersey.

milesfj

Jul 15, 2020
is this guy expected to be a top line guy? he was picked 5th round, but it looks like maybe he has a really high upside. why did he not get picked sooner>

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
is this guy expected to be a top line guy? he was picked 5th round, but it looks like maybe he has a really high upside. why did he not get picked sooner>
Are you new to watching hockey? Yes he’s expected to be a top line guy but he was Russian, small and unknown if he wanted to come over at draft time.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

The Wild expect him to slot into the top 6 immediately and hope he can improve into a 70+ point player, with the potential to even hit 40 goals. He's improved leaps and bounds since 2015 when he was drafted. He wasn't always seen as a guy with that potential.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

He was drafted in the 5th largely due to the reasons Gargyn mentioned, but I think there was actually a bit more to it. He played for Novokuznetsk, which is a pretty small market team, and probably a bit off the radar for most scouts. Not to say that nobody knows about the place and the team, but the players there probably get a lot fewer viewings than the bigger KHL teams. On top of that, Kaprizov put up some points, but didn't blow the doors off in his draft season.

At the time he was drafted, I remember most of us being glad the Wild took a flyer on a skilled Russian for once, but there wasn't any real indication that he would turn out to be way better than any other skilled but flawed player that is taken in the 5th round. His skating was mediocre, he was small, had a good-but-not-great-shot, and good-but-not-great playmaking ability. He's improved basically all of those things drastically in the years since though, from what I've read, he's still a master of none of them. Basically, he's become really good at everything even though he lacks any stand-out ability at any one thing. Besides maybe his work ethic.

And, yeah, people do expect him to be a top line winger either next season, or the one after.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
He was drafted in the 5th largely due to the reasons Gargyn mentioned, but I think there was actually a bit more to it. He played for Novokuznetsk, which is a pretty small market team, and probably a bit off the radar for most scouts. Not to say that nobody knows about the place and the team, but the players there probably get a lot fewer viewings than the bigger KHL teams. On top of that, Kaprizov put up some points, but didn't blow the doors off in his draft season.

At the time he was drafted, I remember most of us being glad the Wild took a flyer on a skilled Russian for once, but there wasn't any real indication that he would turn out to be way better than any other skilled but flawed player that is taken in the 5th round. His skating was mediocre, he was small, had a good-but-not-great-shot, and good-but-not-great playmaking ability. He's improved basically all of those things drastically in the years since though, from what I've read, he's still a master of none of them. Basically, he's become really good at everything even though he lacks any stand-out ability at any one thing. Besides maybe his work ethic.

And, yeah, people do expect him to be a top line winger either next season, or the one after.

I remember that being basically my entire opinion on the matter.

milesfj

Jul 15, 2020
Are you new to watching hockey? Yes he’s expected to be a top line guy but he was Russian, small and unknown if he wanted to come over at draft time.

I am new to watching hockey actually. Just started 2 years ago and only started trying to understand and learn about it in greater detail this year. I haven't yet been able to figure out how someone is considered good vs great. Bad players are easier for me to spot though.

Reactions: TaLoN and 2Pair

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I am new to watching hockey actually. Just started 2 years ago and only started trying to understand and learn about it in greater detail this year. I haven't yet been able to figure out how someone is considered good vs great. Bad players are easier for me to spot though.
Welcome to hockey!

All sorts of things make some players better than others. Some guys have a stand-out skill or two, some are very smart and anticipate the play well, and some of the bad players possess the same skills as the good players and still aren't good themselves, so... even the scouts struggle to tell, sometimes. Don't worry yourself too much over such a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->