Confirmed with Link: Wild sign J.T. Brown ( 2 years, 687.5K AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Doesn't matter about his minutes and production, he is a human being.

Would you like it if your employer fires you for coming in hung over?

Damn,
Showed up hung over? You might want to actually read the story.

Imagine if your boss chartered a jet to fly you to Dallas. Put you up in a first class hotel, and covered all of your expenses. And then you go out, get shitfaced, get arrested, and miss your meeting. Top it all off with the fact that what you did makes the nightly news. Yeah, you're probably getting fired.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Showed up hung over? You might want to actually read the story.

Imagine if your boss chartered a jet to fly you to Dallas. Put you up in a first class hotel, and covered all of your expenses. And then you go out, get ****faced, get arrested, and miss your meeting. Top it all off with the fact that what you did makes the nightly news. Yeah, you're probably getting fired.

Also, you are in no way an integral part of the organization you work for. Completely and 100% expendable.

Reactions: 2Pair

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Also, you are in no way an integral part of the organization you work for. Completely and 100% expendable.
Good point. I probably should have added in the fact that the Wild probably wanted to be rid of Brown before any of this even happened.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
The Wild will need to sign role players again. They are more likely to get the ones they want if they stand by the ones they've got right now.

Like in any business, the way you treat your employees impacts your ability to attract talent.

a79krgm

Jul 15, 2006
White Bear Lake
www.northstarshockey.com
Looks like Fenton wants to cut the cord on Brown. I'm not convinced it will happen, because it's likely Leipold's call. Leipold was very tolerate with Sydor, IMO and Sydor did way worse. ... and the story was all over the local news.

Wow. A lot of harsh opinions here on the board. Anybody watch the movie Hoosiers? (e.g. second chances?)

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Looks like Fenton wants to cut the cord on Brown. I'm not convinced it will happen, because it's likely Leipold's call. Leipold was very tolerate with Sydor, IMO and Sydor did way worse. ... and the story was all over the local news.

Wow. A lot of harsh opinions here on the board. Anybody watch the movie Hoosiers? (e.g. second chances?)
He's not good enough to play in the NHL. The rest of the noise doesn't really matter.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Again, a big part of the reason that JT might face dismissal is his inability to play hockey. Simply put, he is our worst forward who is still signed. A GM isn't gonna be all fired up to protect a guy who didn't do anything for him this year.

You can understand, and even agree with that, and still not be willing to trash JT as a person. For me, I think he deserves a 2nd chance, unless there have been things going on behind the scenes I am not aware of. I will say that this sounds more like something a 20 yo would do, not a 28 yo family man. Brown might well have an alcohol problem.

Reactions: BigT2002

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
Again, a big part of the reason that JT might face dismissal is his inability to play hockey. Simply put, he is our worst forward who is still signed. A GM isn't gonna be all fired up to protect a guy who didn't do anything for him this year.

You can understand, and even agree with that, and still not be willing to trash JT as a person. For me, I think he deserves a 2nd chance, unless there have been things going on behind the scenes I am not aware of. I will say that this sounds more like something a 20 yo would do, not a 28 yo family man. Brown might well have an alcohol problem.

If you believe in analytics and GAR and WAR (from Evolving Hockey) Kevin Fiala was our worst forward this past year.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota

Some of us aren't against him getting a second chance, but not with this team. One still has to face consequences from their actions.

Reactions: 2Pair

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Getting arrested is the consequence of being drunk and disorderly.

Whatever happens next is the consequence of getting arrested.
Yes, but I don't see how asking for someone to lose their job over a minor legal infraction makes sense.

It's a class C misdemeanor in Texas, a fine of $500.

This isn't drunk driving serious.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Yes, but I don't see how asking for someone to lose their job over a minor legal infraction makes sense.

It's a class C misdemeanor in Texas, a fine of $500.

This isn't drunk driving serious.

I don't know. Like someone else said, go on a business trip for your employer, go out and get drunk and arrested, causing you to miss the reason for going on the business trip in the first place, and see how your employer reacts.

P10p

May 15, 2012
I don't know. Like someone else said, go on a business trip for your employer, go out and get drunk and arrested, causing you to miss the reason for going on the business trip in the first place, and see how your employer reacts.

You're trying to package the incident into a nice little vacuum. Perhaps these are the side effects of a drinking culture in hockey? Sometimes people go a little too far. Live and learn.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
You're trying to package the incident into a nice little vacuum. Perhaps these are the side effects of a drinking culture in hockey? Sometimes people go a little too far. Live and learn.

How many pro hockey players do know that go out and get wasted at 2am the day prior to a game? Fact of the matter, JT probably thought he was a healthy scratch (maybe wasnt told that day prior if he was or wasn't) and got ripped knowing he wasn't going to put skates on. Completely opposite of what I would label a "drinking culture."

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Do you have a list of all the Wild players that missed a game this year because they were in jail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad