GDT: Wild @ Sharks "No More MN Nice Guy" || 9.30 PM CDT || FSN

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Damn it... I could watch the game live if it started 20 minutes earlier. I'm heading off to work at 7:40 and the game will end around 7:50-8.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Been up all night, so a 9:30 start could actually be good for me... Go to work, get my paycheck, come home early, pass out till game time... or shall I say...

DUANE TIME?

hB9C1841WaOfmHggv8Xi.gif

My only worry is sleeping through my alarm, I'll just have to set more alarms. I don't wanna miss another game to sleep (already slept through 2-3 this year, including a SJ game funnily enough).

OH and BTW, this game is on NHL Network tonight in the US.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Glad this is a late start tonight. I'm on the local youth hockey association board and we have our meeting tonight. Should get out around 9:00 pm, so a 9:30 start is perfect for me, selfishly speaking.

Wild win a close one 4-3.

Stoner, Mitchell, Clutterbuck and Clark score.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I like the late start. No problem waking up at 5:30 am.

Any word on the lineup?

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Awesome opening. I love it.

I am not sure how things will shake out tonight but I would be happy with one point. It's definitely a good thing that this game isn't a must win since we took care of business the last two, and we head home after this one with some very winnable games.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I like the late start. No problem waking up at 5:30 am.

Any word on the lineup?

Probably get likely lineup from Russo at/after morning skate. Which will probably be about another 2 to 4 hours from now.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
Whats up with Stoner and Desjardins in the tale of the tape segment? Am I missing something?

Good work though on the GDT, cheeseburgerlicious

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
This is a big game for the Wild. It's fine and dandy to win the games you're supposed to win (Calgary, Edmonton, Colorado, et al), but the Wild need to start proving to us (and themselves) that they can beat the playoff teams as well.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I hope Wild play hard and physical but don't do something stupid like go after a guy. Do we really want a thread about "Dirty Wild" and how our players are dirty? I don't, play hard but play CLEAN.

Wild better give them a good game, as long as we get a point out of this and end up with 5/6 for the road trip I think we'll be fine.

Hope for a win but will settle with a OT point :D

Honestly I'd rather have a thread accusing us of taking liberties than constantly being the team everyone takes liberties against. This team needs a skilled player who goes out on the ice and absolutely crushes people from time to time.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
Honestly I'd rather have a thread accusing us of taking liberties than constantly being the team everyone takes liberties against. This team needs a skilled player who goes out on the ice and absolutely crushes people from time to time.

Coyle

He is the one.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I also love how great we are on the road. Everyone knows that home ice doesn't really matter in the playoffs. It's not the same as home field in baseball, for example. It's still amazing that we've already proven that playing away doesn't matter in the least, we can win on the road. Winning tonight would be very nice. Columbus is on a holy terror right now. They are scorching hot. You know Detroit will find a way to get back into it. While this isn't a must win tonight, it's still pretty important.

Last edited:

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Another game where I'll be watching through my eyelids.

At least re-alignment is bringing fewer of these late night games.

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
I would love a huge road win against a playoff team to gear the Wild up for potential playoff games. It seems like a very long time since the Wild beat a quality opponent especially on the road. But I would be satisfied if we at least got a point.

I also hope the Wild concentrate on the game instead of looking for payback against Vlassic. But on the same hand if Torres or any others start taking liberties with Parise, Koivu, Suter, Brodin ect… then they need to protect their guys.

Last edited:

Giles Ferrell

#believeinyeo
Mar 24, 2013
Minnesota
Great GDT!

Its not important that the Wild win this game, but I hope they can come away with at least a point tonight. Sharks are 15-1-5 at home, so this will not be an easy point (or two!) to get.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad