GDT: Wild @ Scummiest Scum That Ever Scummed. 9 pm CT, 3 am Malmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
CDBD9E03-6753-4AB8-B001-352742A4A1CC.gif

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Nice to win.
Especially with two bad calls.
Nice to see Freddy contribute.
Sunny looked disinterested at times or old and slow.
Actually nearly everyone looked slow.
Brodin with SEVERAL brilliant defensive plays.

How can Gus not get game 83?
Zero defence. All hell breaking lose. Cool as a cucumber.

Bednar is a believer in really stacking up his lines at certain moments.

Bdub

Mar 27, 2021
Sign Gus, package wallstad and rossi for a 1c. Great game had playoff intensity.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I wish I could have watched this yesterday, but I caught the extended highlights today and... I don't know what to say besides that I'm so proud of this team for stepping up like they did when Kap went down. They've shown a lot of fortitude. Of course, they've got to keep it up through the first couple weeks of June, but they deserve a at least a little praise at this point, too.

Reactions: MK9 and MuckOG

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Wasnt able to watch but just got done watching the highlights and glad we got the win! Sounds like Gus won us the game and thats awesome to hear. Also sounds like the 3rd period was pretty rough for us so theres room for improvement. Also noticed during the highlights that there was a lot of posts so the puck luck was on our side last night. Really proud of how weve been playing lately and how the team responded after the Kap injury. Gotta find a way to keep Gus, its imperative we keep him.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
That was probably the most fun I've had watching a Wild game all season. Crazy to compare to some of those games earlier this season where I was almost half watching or just had it on in the background. That was intense, scary, fun, with some really nice goals.

I know the Wild probably got a gift with the Byram penalty when it didn't look like much on the replay, but my god Chmielewski made some horrendous calls. They didn't replay the Goligoski trip so wasn't sure on that but the penalties on Ek and Sundqvist were preposterous. Then they missed the clear high stick on Middleton and other interference penalties. I liked the fact that they stopped calling most everything late in the game, but then to have to kill a penalty with the phantom over the glass call was awful.

Silver lining, not sure if Gaudreau would have tried for the empty net without being on the PK, though. So maybe it all worked out for the best in the end.

Was a blast. Feeling it today with the lack of sleep but glad I stayed up for it.

Reactions: Lapa and Wild11MN

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Don't want to bring anyone down, but anyone else freaked out by Klingberg's play on the Byram goal? As a Dman, you simply can't make a bad pinch( and it was bad) on that play, or not have an internal clock in your head telling you that the guy in the box is about to come on behind you. I'm sure the goalie was banging his stick, and the guys on the bench yelling, too.

That obliviousness is going to hurt us in the playoffs, where even one bad goal can make all the difference in a series.

Reactions: djgriff

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Don't want to bring anyone down, but anyone else freaked out by Klingberg's play on the Byram goal? As a Dman, you simply can't make a bad pinch( and it was bad) on that play, or not have an internal clock in your head telling you that the guy in the box is about to come on behind you. I'm sure the goalie was banging his stick, and the guys on the bench yelling, too.

That obliviousness is going to hurt us in the playoffs, where even one bad goal can make all the difference in a series.
He made a couple of baffling decisions that I noticed in regard to pinching and playing the puck off the wall. He's come as advertised, good offensively, bad defensively due largely to poor decision making.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He made a couple of baffling decisions that I noticed in regard to pinching and playing the puck off the wall. He's come as advertised, good offensively, bad defensively due largely to poor decision making.
I like Addison better on the PP. Quicker, more sensible decisions. Klingberg's extra height and length is nice, but otherwise, he's an adventure out there.

Remember when Newhook was considered the better one of he and Boldy?:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad