GDT: Wild @ Scummiest Scum That Ever Scummed. 9 pm CT, 3 am Malmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Both teams won 5-1 in previous game. Wild are ahead by one point, but Scummsies have a game in hand. This is a reality check, IMO. I hope this game has the team's undivided attention, and they come out playing with hate in their hearts.

Our Knights in Shining Armor

Foligno - Hartman - Zucc
Mojo - JEE - Goaldy
Duhaime - Frederik Hockey- Sunny
Shaw - Dewar- Reaves

Middleton- Spurgeon
Flawless Paragon of Excellence - Dumba
Meathead - aged Meathead

Young Swedish demi-god

Scum Bums

Nichushkin- Mackinnon- Disgrace to the name of Mikko
Not Boldy - Camp whore - former bad Buffalo player
Washed up guy- another washed guy - guy who is going to get his face punched in by Foligno or Reaves
Neato - a really washed up guy - orc like being from Toronto, or Russia

Toews - Makar
Byram- scared little guy who doesn't play defense and folds like a cheap suit when hit
Two Johnsons
McDermid?

Swedish nobody

I have had some comments, and complaints, about my GDT. I apologize, as it is my first one this year. I will answer the issues, in order.

1- When is the Game? Oops, sorry, it's tomorrow. Wednesday, or Thursday, depending on where you live.

2- You did not use the word "Scum" enough when describing our opponents. True, but the head Scum Master, Landescum, is out, so it was hard to for me to get all worked up.

3 - You did not use glowing enough terms to describe Jonas Brodin in your GDT. Again, my deepest apologies. I am still in shock from watching him make not one, but two, mistakes in one shift last night. I can only assume that he did this to see what it felt like.

Last edited:

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

What's the latest on Reaves? Sounded like some sort of UBI. Also read that Nyquist is traveling with the team....that's a good sign.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Wow, their forward lineup is looking rough these days. I hadn't realized. Looks like it'll get a little better if they get healthy.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
@57special Start time is actually 4 am in Scandinavia, CT + 7 hrs.

Maybe you're confused by DST, starts later there.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Avs fans are going to love this GDT. Lol. As if naming us the green filth is much better.

Anywho. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's games. Avs have been on a tear. We've been on a tear. I won't be too upset if we don't come away with the W, being that we're without Juice Box. But... I'm expecting that W. Hat Goaldy needs to strike again.

Edit... oh yeah.... f the Avs!

• Haha
Reactions: Ceremony

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Is it weird that I can’t get behind the hate of the actual Avs team? I mean, the fan base certainly has their share of goof troops but that’s not necessarily a foreign concept of fan bases. Even just in hockey and on this very board.

It’s not like they’re running out one of the biggest clowns to ever grace the sport in Claude Lemieux anymore. Sure, MacDermid is a plug but he’s not much different than many other plugs that have been in this game. Their high end players play responsible, well rounded, and enjoyable games.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Unpopular opinion but I don't mind the Avs. Lots of fun players to watch. I've always loved MacKinnon. They're not as bad as their Roy (coached) days.
Not an unpopular opinion. Super fun team the last few years. Hard not to watch them (when they're healthy and clicking) and not be impressed.

They're just the closest thing we have to an actual rivalry I think.

Reactions: Alienblood

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Unpopular opinion but I don't mind the Avs. Lots of fun players to watch. I've always loved MacKinnon. They're not as bad as their Roy (coached) days.
I don't mind them either, some of their fans on these forums are just a bit much sometimes though, and can dish but not receive, so it's fun to watch them get set off by something this stupid. All in all, I see this thread as a gentle ribbing, no more than their fans have said toward the Wild (quite a bit less in some cases).

I enjoy watching the Avs play, personally. They played some beautiful hockey last year.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Lot of people complain there aren't rivalries anymore. Or at the very least, why the Wild don't have a true rival in the league. A skim through the responses in this thread should explain why they don't really occur any longer.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Landeskog keeps the hate alive when playing...

I'm not sure how I justify without him in the lineup

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Lot of people complain there aren't rivalries anymore. Or at the very least, why the Wild don't have a true rival in the league. A skim through the responses in this thread should explain why they don't really occur any longer.
Because a large part of us can recognize they have a good team?

Reactions: Alienblood

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Because a large part of us can recognize they have a good team?
It's a happier, fuzzier world. I've zero doubt everyone will crap all over this theory, but I personally believe it's a generational difference. I mean, even the Habs - Bruins doesn't have anywhere near the same intensity it used to. Real, intense rivalries are dead and gone in todays NHL. You can't really have them when people just go, 'Oh, I don't really like them but...I kinda like them.' It's not an indictment, but it kinda is at the same time. I couldn't care less how much an opposing team is good if I can't stand that team. Old guy dinosaur thinking I'm sure. And people will be happy to indignantly tell me as such. Then all the while be wondering, 'Why doesn't my team have a rival team?' But, it is how it is now. It's not ever going back to that.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
It's a happier, fuzzier world. I've zero doubt everyone will crap all over this theory, but I personally believe it's a generational difference. I mean, even the Habs - Bruins doesn't have anywhere near the same intensity it used to. Real, intense rivalries are dead and gone in todays NHL. You can't really have them when people just go, 'Oh, I don't really like them but...I kinda like them.' It's not an indictment, but it kinda is at the same time. I couldn't care less how much an opposing team is good if I can't stand that team. Old guy dinosaur thinking I'm sure. And people will be happy to indignantly tell me as such. Then all the while be wondering, 'Why doesn't my team have a rival team?' But, it is how it is now. It's not ever going back to that.

There hasn't been a dirty hit between the teams in a few years. Memories fade.

As soon as their is a nasty hit one way or the other it'll be back.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Like you said... it's a different world. Members of rival teams train together in the offseason, even the most rabid fan of a team will cheer for a hated member of another team because he's on his fantasy team, we aren't insulated to watching our hometown exclusively and seeing the other team a few times a year....

I don't disagree with your premise, but those old time seething rivalries are probably a thing of the past.

We can still, however, hope nothing but the worst for the Avs while still acknowledging how good they are.

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
Lmfao f*** the Avs now and always.
Biggest bunch of pansies I’ve ever had the displeasure of meeting.

Their fans remind me of the rich kid in college who gets mad having to pay for anything.
What’s it like having a franchise that was gifted everything?

Mf’ing bitch-ass whiners.

Suck a long one nerds.

Last edited:

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Hey I came up with this! I'm so glad it's caught on.

I'd say good luck but, well, can't wish luck to people who think I'm scum. Bad luck.
And we can't welcome someone here who thinks we're green filth. Get out of here! Mountain men aren't welcome here! Get your head out of the clouds you hoser!

;)

Reactions: Turbonium

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Avs fans are the worst. Any state with a real winter that considers hiking a sport is weird.

Reactions: 57special
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad