GDT: Wild @ Sabres - 6pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
I'm not sure Boldy would be as productive without Fiala either, they really compliment each other.

Well, probably not, but I think Boldy is more the type of player that can create more on his own than Fiala is. The main point I was responding to was that 'the Wild are a one line team without Fiala.'. Ok, but it was a one line team with Fiala when he was on a line with Gadreau and...whoever they tried at the other slot. That line wasn't scoring. Any player is going to do better with better players around him. Some can create on their own though. From what I've seen, I feel Boldy elevates the players around him. I mean look, even Gadreau is scoring. It's not a slight on Fiala. They're just different players.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Fiala gets too much scrutiny. He’s been our best player the last 10 or so games, and it’s been fun to watch him mature. Really hope we keep
Him
Disagree.
He has been very, very productive since Boldy came on, but that doesn't mean we can, or should, turn a blind eye to his mistakes, especially when they lead to games being lost)not all his fault, but..). The guy wants to be paid like a Spurgeon/Kap....scrutiny comes with the territory. To whom much is given, much shall be required.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Fiala catches way too much flak for his turnovers. It's just conditioned into people at this point, like hating Nickelback.

Reactions: Dee Oh Cee

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Fiala catches way too much flak for his turnovers. It's just conditioned into people at this point, like hating Nickelback.
Hating nickelback is completely warranted. In fact I’d question the sanity of anyone who doesn’t hate them. Hating Fiala is fine as well but not because of hockey

Reactions: GuerinUp

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
Well, probably not, but I think Boldy is more the type of player that can create more on his own than Fiala is. The main point I was responding to was that 'the Wild are a one line team without Fiala.'. Ok, but it was a one line team with Fiala when he was on a line with Gadreau and...whoever they tried at the other slot. That line wasn't scoring. Any player is going to do better with better players around him. Some can create on their own though. From what I've seen, I feel Boldy elevates the players around him. I mean look, even Gadreau is scoring. It's not a slight on Fiala. They're just different players.

Fiala did start off slow but before Kap showed up he was really our only offensive threat and has produced for us without much help for several years now, he has always been streaky but was also our only line driver before help showed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad