Wild Prospect Ranking - #4 prospect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
He was the best player on a completely horrible team! I'm the best player on my beer league team and that doesn't make me good at hockey!

But yeah, I think he's better than Mitchell. I think he's more skilled than Bulmer but less likely to stick in the NHL. From the sounds of it, Graovac has more/different tools than Phillips but his issue is consistency and effort and not skating.

Lucia is such a long-term project that it's hard to say. His numbers aren't that impressive, but I don't know much about college hockey. Nobody expected Haula to have the NHL success that he had so quickly. There's no reason to diminish Lucia's ceiling, but no reason to increase his likelihood of reaching it.

Scoutguy77

Jun 7, 2009
Being the best player on an AHL team at 20 when most kids are sophmores in college not shabby.

Are you seriously the best player on your beer league team, thats pretty special:laugh:

GinoLucia2217

Great Plains
Dec 1, 2013
Probably Minnesota
He was the best player on a completely horrible team! I'm the best player on my beer league team and that doesn't make me good at hockey!

But yeah, I think he's better than Mitchell. I think he's more skilled than Bulmer but less likely to stick in the NHL. From the sounds of it, Graovac has more/different tools than Phillips but his issue is consistency and effort and not skating.

Lucia is such a long-term project that it's hard to say. His numbers aren't that impressive, but I don't know much about college hockey. Nobody expected Haula to have the NHL success that he had so quickly. There's no reason to diminish Lucia's ceiling, but no reason to increase his likelihood of reaching it.

Phillips just needs to learn how it play among men. He's being to cute on the ice trying to make too many moves. Granted he doesn't have much to move the puck to, but it's still worth trusting your teammates. If he learns to just simplify the game he has a decent shot. Good skills if you ask me it's about utilizing them in the right ways now.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I kind of fiddled around with my prospect rankings:

7B: Erik Haula
Already very close to his potential, which is a middle-six center.

7.5C: Kuemper, Dumba, Zucker
They aren't quite sure things, but aren't too far away. All three can be high impact players, a starting goalie, a #2/3 defenseman, and a top six winger.

8D: Alex Tuch
High potential as a top line winger, but a long ways away, less likelihood of reaching ceiling.

7C: Olofsson, Folin
Pretty similar to me, both have #4 potential, and both not too far off.

7.5D: Phillips, Lucia
Top six potential but far away/unlikely to max out.

6.5C: Keranen, Graovac, Mitchell, Brassart, Draeger
Tweener types who are still a ways away.

5.5B: Bulmer, Gabriel, Almond
Role players who are very close.

7D: Belpedio, Gilmour, Gustafsson, Peterson, Belanger, Bertschy, Gelinas
Potential impact players who are long shots to reach full potential.

6C: Bussieres
Not as skilled as the tweeners but better than a role player, kind of on his own.

After that it's late round kids who are a long ways away and low-end prospects who have been in the system a long time.

Scoutguy77

Jun 7, 2009
Although I disagree somewhat with some ratings(nobody would have the same for each player) this is close and well done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad