GDT: Wild @ Predators - 7:00pm CDT on FSN - Doob's Night Off Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I want to play Nashville. If we do this good against them with our teams top 4 guys out, just imagine the blood bath that awaits them when we bring our A-game.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Kings are officially out.

Vancouver/Calgary the first matchup lock in the west

And it's not even a lock who's home or away in that one yet.

The playoff picture isn't coming into focus until saturday.

What time do we play our game on Sat btw?

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
The definition of crazy.

Standings_zpsh0bekgu0.png

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
But if we lose, Blues have a better chance to get top spot overall if ANA loses, and we would play Anaheim, wouldn't we?

If we win it would either get us into a matchup with Nashville (if Chicago also loses in regulation), set the tone for a matchup against the Blues, or send us into a matchup with Anaheim if Anaheim loses in reg and we win in OT/SO.

If we win, literally any of those three could be our opponent.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Not sure if it was ever mentioned tonight but that could have been the very last game Backstrom ever dresses for the Minnesota Wild. I can't imagine they dress him the final game of the season or at all in the playoffs. He's given a lot to the franchise and it's not the most ideal way for him to end his career.

*Stick tap* Thanks Backy

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
If we win it would either get us into a matchup with Nashville (if Chicago also loses in regulation), set the tone for a matchup against the Blues, or send us into a matchup with Anaheim if Anaheim loses in reg and we win in OT/SO.

If we win, literally any of those three could be our opponent.

Our goal for the game should be to win... period, then let the chips fall where they may. (Hopefully to a series with Nashville though...:sarcasm:)

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Not sure if it was ever mentioned tonight but that could have been the very last game Backstrom ever dresses for the Minnesota Wild. I can't imagine they dress him the final game of the season or at all in the playoffs. He's given a lot to the franchise and it's not the most ideal way for him to end his career.

*Stick tap* Thanks Backy

I hear you there - what a good team player he's been, no ego or drama, and plenty of good goaltending.

Sad that he just ran out of juice.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

*Stick tap* Thanks Backy

Agreed. He was a top G in the league for years. Like most athletes, his body betrayed him.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota

*Stick tap* Thanks Backy
Definite stick tap to Backs. Sucks to see him go out this way. He's been such a professional about it too. Couldn't have been easy.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Definite stick tap to Backs. Sucks to see him go out this way. He's been such a professional about it too. Couldn't have been easy.

Hopefully he is offered a job within the organization. Perhaps goalie coach in Iowa or goalie scout in Finland.

hipchecks

#MakeStaalGreatAgain
Mar 3, 2015
Minnesota

*Stick tap* Thanks Backy

Most definitely. Guy is a true pro and one of my all time favorite players. If I'm not mistaken, he holds most of the Wild's goaltending records. Hope he eventually finds his way back in the organization with some kind of coaching or managing job. I know he's expressed how much he loves Minnesota.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad