Friedman: Wild interested in Dustin Byfuglien

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
He walked away from a shit ton of cash from Winnipeg which is ridiculously close to Minnesota... there is no chance he would come back and sign for a way less amount than what he would have made.

Reactions: Morrison

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Is it possibly he simply wanted to get away from Winnipeg? Even at the cost of millions of dollars?

He’s done with hockey.

Also, as per a close friend of his (whom I have met this past weekend)... he hated the new dynamic with the young players in WPG. He was more old school and didn’t fit in with the youngsters.

Regardless of the above friend thing... it’s pretty obvious he is done imo.

Reactions: CanuckCity

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
He walked away from a shit ton of cash from Winnipeg which is ridiculously close to Minnesota... there is no chance he would come back and sign for a way less amount than what he would have made.
maybe in driving distance, but the Winnipeg and Twin Cities are not ridiculously similar.. However, I never took Buff as a city lover.

However, i agree with the majority. I'd be shocked if Buff came back.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I'd be pretty surprised if he came back at this point. I guess if any team might have a chance to change his mind it would be him home state Wild but even then not likely.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
He’s done with hockey.

Also, as per a close friend of his (whom I have met this past weekend)... he hated the new dynamic with the young players in WPG. He was more old school and didn’t fit in with the youngsters.

Too many tracksuits, not enough showers?

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Worth due diligence for Minnisota to inquire.

But let's be honest...even if he was on the fence about returning, I don't think this is the season it would happen considering all the uncertainty regarding how next season will look. Is a player that is sick of the hockey life going to return when he might be forced to live in a bubble for as of yet undefined portions of the season?

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
He’s done with hockey.

He could come back to the Hawks. We have plenty of his old school buddies still getting paid a lot of money.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
I'm fine without him on the Wild. Never been a fan of his and I feel like he's a good 2 years past being real useful to be honest.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I could see him being tempted, a bit, but do the Wild really need. him? I also think that he is just done physically. If they decided they wanted to move on from Staal and Koivu ( two guys who are in great shape, and played a position of desperate need)because they were too old and slow, why would they want an out of shape Buff when they have Spurgeon and Dumba?

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Judging by this picture taken in July, he's not playing professional hockey anytime soon.

e.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad