Friedman: Wild interested in Dustin Byfuglien

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Judging by this picture taken in July, he's not playing professional hockey anytime soon.

e.jpg

Judging by this photo in 2012, he played like 7 more years. He's always been a big boy.
BUFFFFFFFFWEDDDDD.jpg

Reactions: Imnotagoodposter

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I could see him being tempted, a bit, but do the Wild really need. him? I also think that he is just done physically. If they decided they wanted to move on from Staal and Koivu ( two guys who are in great shape, and played a position of desperate need)because they were too old and slow, why would they want an out of shape Buff when they have Spurgeon and Dumba?

I would venture the inquiry was to use him as a stopgap for Addison after Dumba is traded.

Suter-Spurgeon
Brodin-Byufligien

Could probably do a heck of a lot worse....

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Is it possibly he simply wanted to get away from Winnipeg? Even at the cost of millions of dollars?

Nope. He still lives in Winnipeg. During the lockdown they did a Zoom reunion of the Chicago Blackhawks 2010 Stanbley Cup winning team. Andrew Ladd and Byfuglien were on it - both also played in Winnipeg. Ladd asked Buff if he was still in Winnipeg - he said yes, he loved it there.

Byfuglien is an eccentric guy, and yes if he was going to play anywhere else it would probably be the Wild, but it does seem unlikely.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Nope. He still lives in Winnipeg. During the lockdown they did a Zoom reunion of the Chicago Blackhawks 2010 Stanbley Cup winning team. Andrew Ladd and Byfuglien were on it - both also played in Winnipeg. Ladd asked Buff if he was still in Winnipeg - he said yes, he loved it there.

Byfuglien is an eccentric guy, and yes if he was going to play anywhere else it would probably be the Wild, but it does seem unlikely.
I was gonna say, the idea of Byfuglien "going home" to play in Minnesota always cracked me up. People need to take a second to find Warroad, MN on a map :laugh:

*Edit - Oh ****, I meant Roseau. Wars have been started over less.

Reactions: thestonedkoala

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->