Wild get Oilers 1st round pick = trade up for 2006 1st overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I think in the end, they might pick up ANOTHER first rounder for a draft pick and Kuba/Mitchell. Not a deep draft.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
wild will probably pick around 9-11...

oilers around 18-21...

2 picks combined wouldn't get them in the top 3...

Might get them in the 4-6 range for a guy like mueller, backstrom, staal

but ej/phil and probably toews out of the question most likely.

Sherlock

Aug 2, 2005
Minne-snow-ta
Chrisd said:
wild will probably pick around 9-11...

oilers around 18-21...

2 picks combined wouldn't get them in the top 3...

Might get them in the 4-6 range for a guy like mueller, backstrom, staal

but ej/phil and probably toews out of the question most likely.

Unless they throw something else in. I would LOVE to see Erik Johnson in the Wild system. Considering the value he just got for Rollie, maybe Dougie R. can do a little more sweet-talking to move up?

(Hey, I can dream, right?)

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
Frolik

What happen to this guy? before the season everyone was saying how he was going to go 1 or 2.

we could probably also get Jordan Stall and the poeple you mentiond.

NeverGoingToWin

Jul 24, 2004
I saw somewhere that he only had 2 goals in 44 games in the Czech league. He also didn't have a good World Junior Championships.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
If I had two picks that fell outside the top 10 but within the top 20, I'd trade them for a higher pick no lower than 6th and pick Bryan Little or Michael Frolik.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
i want the wild to move up for backstrom personally.

You form a line with gabby-backstrom-O'sullivan/rolston

you got something cooking.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
pitt would laugh and ask us to throw in gaborik, then the deal might be a bit more even.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'm pretty sure that the 9th and 18th picks could get you into the top three, this year. If EJ goes first, and someone other than Kessel goes second, I could see the Wild move up to get him. Having a Gopher with his upside would not hurt the Wild, one bit. Maybe Okposo at nine and Forney at eighteen :D ?

Sherlock

Aug 2, 2005
Minne-snow-ta
Chrisd said:
i want the wild to move up for backstrom personally.

I know very little about Backstrom. What's he like? I've heard that he is a Mikko Koivu type player - solid overall, two-way game; good vison/senses, etc. Is that accurate?

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
much more offense then koivu, drawn some forsberg comparisons even.

Anyways, he's centering the first line of his SEL team at such a young age, it's almost unheard of, and he's producing.

He's got much more upside then mikko koivu, who i think will be a solid 2nd line center. Backstrom would give them a 1st line center.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
I'm not so much saying I would make the deal...

I'm pointing out what it would take to get Malkin, my point was 2 first round picks, around #10 pick and #20 pick...won't land malkin.
The asking price would be ridiculous, for good reason.

TeamSeals

Feb 27, 2005
Minnetonka
I dont think they could or should trade up that high to get Kessel with only two mid 1st round picks. Let us not forget that the Wild aren't hurting for scoring wingers in their system, O'Sullivan, Pouliot, Voloshenko. But there D corps is really thin in the prospect department, Erik Johnson would be a God send, but it won't happen.

Unfortunately I dont know much about this years prospects outside of the top 5ish, could anyone give some feedback on the top 5 defensmen and where they might be picked :help:

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
if the wild are smart they will use their 15+ mill in cap money to go buy some established D players...

Drafting D players...especially in this draft ehhh i dunno...if you can't get EJ..

I'd rather deal up for a staal, backstrom, mueller..

Randall Graves*

detredWINgs said:
Youre kidding. Please say youre kidding.
How's that far fetched? Gaborik is a dynamite player, and if he wasn't tied to that system we'd be talking close to a 100 points this year if he were healthy.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
RallyKiller said:
How's that far fetched? Gaborik is a dynamite player, and if he wasn't tied to that system we'd be talking close to a 100 points this year if he were healthy.

Exactly. I wonder if he missed Slovkia's games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad