GDT: Wild @ Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
no excuse for not starting kinkaid tonight.....not only because schneider has started every ****ing game, not to mention its a back-to-back. but just to shake something up considering the current ****show the last four games have been.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Ha! Just saw that Helgeson is making his debut tonight. Helge-SMASH!

Will be fun to see him again. Anyone know how he's been in the AHL?

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
And now Pete's OFFICIALLY jumped the shark

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 48s49 seconds ago
Cory Schneider will start in net for Devils tonight.

This is inexcusably stupid, but i didn't really expect anything different.

At least Salvador picked up a phantom LBI, his performance last night was atrocious, i imagine we'll line up something like:

Cammalleri - Zajac - Jagr
Havlat - Elias - Ryder
Zubrus - Gionta - Bernier (~15 minutes of ice time)
Ruutu - Josefson - Brunner (~8 minutes of ice time)

Greene - Severson
Gelinas - Larsson
Helgeson - Zidlicky

Schneider

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
no excuse for not starting kinkaid tonight.....not only because schneider has started every ****ing game, not to mention its a back-to-back. but just to shake something up considering the current ****show the last four games have been.

Four games in six days in four cities...with tonight being at home against a WC team. If you're not going to start Kinkaid tonight then freaking trade/sign a backup goalie you actually will play.

It's almost as if he got scared to play Kinkaid once Salvador was scratched (not that he really needed an excuse but it seemed like it was trending that way last night).

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
No gif party should occur if there's an injury.

I'm intrigued to see Helgeson tonight! Hope he kills it out there tonight.

No Kinkaid though is silly.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
everytime the camera goes on pete behind the bench it pisses me off. just standing there with that same, stupid look on his face.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I don't disagree that the track record currently is trending in a strange direction, but my point stands. We're super, super reactionary - whether as HF or a fanbase I'm not sure, but regardless, it's hysterical.

Oh of course, but I find myself partaking in the over-reactionary stuff time to time because it just seems normal like it's the culture of the board (at least in this specific board) :laugh:

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
There's no reason for Schneider to start. Give the guy a night off. Mentally he needs a break.

My guess is that DeBoers seat is a little hotter than most of us maybe realize, if he's trying to save his job i can't blame him for not trusting the completely unproven Kinkaid. It's stupid that Schneider has played every game without a rest, but we're desperate for a win right now, i can sort of understand why Schneider is in again even if i strongly disagree with it :(

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Schneider needs a break... We'll see how this goes though. Going to be tough going with 4 young Dmen. Can't see us having long term success if this continues.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Oh of course, but I find myself partaking in the over-reactionary stuff time to time because it just seems normal like it's the culture of the board (at least in this specific board) :laugh:

Plus some of it's gallows humor anyway.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
It wasn't obvious last night, but when Pete said he didn't think it was fatigue with Schneider that was pretty much him tipping his cap to starting Cory again. Whether you believe he isn't fatigued or not there is a reason he's the only goalie to start every game thus far, because it's stupid not to give your #1 a rest here and there. The schedule doesn't need to be incredibly draining physically to warrant a rest.

The news of Helgeson in for Salvador has been mitigated by the news of Schneider starting again. The excuse of "Kinkaid has no NHL experience" is ridiculous too. How is he supposed to get experience when Deboer absolutely refuses to play him, dating back to the days when Moose started 10 in a row for no reason.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
It wasn't obvious last night, but when Pete said he didn't think it was fatigue with Schneider that was pretty much him tipping his cap to starting Cory again. Whether you believe he isn't fatigued or not there is a reason he's the only goalie to start every game thus far, because it's stupid not to give your #1 a rest here and there. The schedule doesn't need to be incredibly draining physically to warrant a rest.

The news of Helgeson in for Salvador has been mitigated by the news of Schneider starting again. The excuse of "Kinkaid has no NHL experience" is ridiculous too. How is he supposed to get experience when Deboer absolutely refuses to play him, dating back to the days when Moose started 10 in a row for no reason.

It's not even about fatigue.. I don't think he's fatigued at all to be honest. Fine, he's never been a starter.. but he's certainly played around this many games in a row before even at the professional level.

I think his confidence is in the pooper and it would have been nice to give him a rest and a few days off to get that going again. Throwing him right back out there is one way to handle things.. but not sure it's the correct one given we've tried that this season a few times already. The guy has anxiety issues.. I think taking a breather for a game would have been beneficial.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Not playing Kinkaid is just dumb, this is the perfect game to play him too, the Wild are hurt and struggling and it's a out of conference game.

****ing Pete

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Heg in for Sal = Good move
Havlat in for Tootoo = Good move
Cory starting again = Pete you just can't have a perfect night can you?

Edit: I think Pete reads this board and wants to troll you guys.

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
Starting Cory again is stupid but at least the lineup looks good tonight. I have an odd feeling about this game... not sure if its a good or a bad feeling.

LGD I guess?

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Helgeson was born and raised + played college hockey in Minnesota.

Hopefully that motivates him to play well on top of it being his first NHL action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad