Post-Game Talk: Wild def. Canucks - 6-3 (Pettersson x2, Highmore)

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
Lol people still salty about the Petan shootout thing? Newsflash fellow Godkolzin type homers. This team sucks and it shouldn’t matter who we play in the shootout. Lol we need to tear a lot of stuff down so yolo. Play demko in the shootout as a shooter if he really wants to try once in his career. It’s not going to matter this season. Lol

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Is realize it's like lamenting 'spilt milk'.....but in these next couple of games, the Canucks are really going to miss Bo Horvat.

Both the Wild and Flames are big, heavy teams who'll subject the Canucks to a fierce, physical forecheck. And without a guy like Horvat to win a majority of the draws and help them exit their own zone, it could be a long night in front of Thatcher Demko.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Lol people still salty about the Petan shootout thing? Newsflash fellow Godkolzin type homers. This team sucks and it shouldn’t matter who we play in the shootout. Lol we need to tear a lot of stuff down so yolo. Play demko in the shootout as a shooter if he really wants to try once in his career. It’s not going to matter this season. Lol
Love to see insightful carefully created posts like this that not only provide accurate assessment but also offer a fair level headed critic of the team
Look forward to your reaction when we destroy Minnesota ( fingers heavily crossed they just knuckles are white )

Reactions: lousy

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
While we wait for the game, my votes for the Team Awards were -

Team MVP - Thatcher Demko
Babe Pratt Award - Quinn Hughes
Pavel Bure Award - JT Miller
Fred Hume Award - Luke Schenn

I wanted to go against this because it seems consensus, but this is as on the money as you can get. Was a huge toss-up for me between Myers and Schenn, but I went with Schenn. His 2 stints with us so far have really blown me away.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I wanted to go against this because it seems consensus, but this is as on the money as you can get. Was a huge toss-up for me between Myers and Schenn, but I went with Schenn. His 2 stints with us so far have really blown me away.

My other consideration for the Hume - a very, very distance second, mind you - was Brad Hunt. I'm a sucker for a "local kid makes good" story, and after a rough start to the year, I think Hunt has provided some spark on this run we've enjoyed, whether it's some clutch offense or just generally being an awesome teammate.

But Schenn is the easy winner for me. He takes no shit in his crease, he steps in to defend his teammates immediately, and he's made every defensive partner he's had this year better. And he's like a tornado in a trailer park when it comes to hitting opposing players.

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
We will probably win the next two. Canucks lucked out having only like 2 teams still fighting for the playoffs in their last 5 and both of those teams being poorly coached (dallas) or Injured (LA). No idea if we make it in but we should thank the Schedulers and the NHL if we do.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
I've prepared myself for the death of the Canucks tonight. I could see the warning signs from the Ottawa game that this shorthanded roster is nearly out of gas, but that's ok, because I'm happy with the character they've shown, and the steps they have taken forward (imo), such as Podz and Petey finding his game, and Pettersson elevating to his highest level yet. Bodes well for next year.

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
So much Doom and Gloom with us against a team that has no reason to go all out tonight. They are probably just gunna take it easy tonight and hope Talbot Gets them the win.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
So much Doom and Gloom with us against a team that has no reason to go all out tonight. They are probably just gunna take it easy tonight and hope Talbot Gets them the win.
Minny has 103 points and is 7-1-2 in their last ten and 5 of those wins came against playoff teams (Carolina Washington LA Edmonton Dallas). And then they just beat two non playoff teams. As Travis Green would say: they got a good team over there...

1650583871322.png

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
Minny has 103 points and is 7-1-2 in their last ten and 5 of those wins came against playoff teams (Carolina Washington LA Edmonton Dallas). And then they just beat two non playoff teams. As Travis Green would say: they got a good team over there...

View attachment 533857
How many of those wins came before they were locked into a playoff spot? They are a good team, but it wouldnt surprise me if they take it easy the rest of the season due to not having much to play for. Allow themselves to be rested and ready for the playoffs.

Edit: Also Last 2 games were close ones against an awful Montreal team and Pretty bad Sharks team. I doubt they are giving it there all right now.

Reactions: M2Beezy

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
How many of those wins came before they were locked into a playoff spot? They are a good team, but it wouldnt surprise me if they take it easy the rest of the season due to not having much to play for. Allow themselves to be rested and ready for the playoffs.

Edit: Also Last 2 games were close ones against an awful Montreal team and Pretty bad Sharks team. I doubt they are giving it there all right now.
Thats a pile of Apple Honey Sauce if Ive ever heard of it :shakehead

I mean, yeah your probably right

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
While we wait for the game, my votes for the Team Awards were -

Team MVP - Thatcher Demko
Babe Pratt Award - Quinn Hughes
Pavel Bure Award - JT Miller
Fred Hume Award - Luke Schenn
Ditto for me, Mr. C, and I would add an honorable mention to Tanner Pearson for the Fred Hume.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
My money is on the Canucks to win tonight just to get our hopes up once again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad